This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, Origin really is trash isn't it?

#41pez2k_Posted 12/18/2013 5:21:42 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
It does what it does better than Steam does; that, of course, being "launch games". It doesn't hog up my internet connection with random updates for games I don't even play anymore

Turn off automatic updates in Steam then? You can even set the times at which it'll update and the amount of bandwidth it can use nowadays.
---
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007, and Playground Games' since 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k
#42SetzeraPosted 12/18/2013 6:03:22 PM
I've found Origin to be.. sufficient enough to launch the game I want to play, and so long as I don't touch the rest of the jenga blocks, it's fine.

I still hate EA with a passion, as well as the need to use Origin. But.. *sigh* I like Battlefield 4.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#43matt246246Posted 12/18/2013 6:48:38 PM
The first time I used origin it took way to long to download my games, but a few updates later its working fine for me. I can't say that I ever had any trouble changing or retrieving my password though. Origin works just as well as steam for me.
---
3DS FC: 5284-1777-9932. Psn: funkypoot. Steam I'd:mwood1985
#44TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 12/18/2013 6:56:59 PM
Fou Lu posted...
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
I tried giving it a chance, but it wouldn't let me. Games downloaded at like 1/10 the speeds Steam gives me. I know a lot of people say Origin actually downloads faster for them, but not for me.

I even thought of downloading it on a different network and transferring it to my existing PC, like I do with Steam downloads sometimes, but Origin doesn't have a feature for that.

So in other words, you have a bad internet connection. You and the TC, have a bad internet connection and blame EA for it.

I've downloaded games and they go normal Steam speed. I've had my password reset and the email was instant. So yeah, new internet might help you both.

Games through Steam download fast. I get similarly fast download speeds from almost everywhere else, except from torrents with not many seeds and sketchy Russian sites. So yeah, I blame EA for not giving me speeds like every other professional company does. They could at least let me pick servers that give me a chance to get better speeds, like Steam does.

Password reset emails are completely unrelated. I get those in a timely manner, too. It's not the same as downloading a 20 GB game at unreasonably slow speeds.

I pay $80/month for the connection I get. There's nothing on the consumer-level that's better here, otherwise I would upgrade my ISP.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#45-CJF-Posted 12/18/2013 7:01:36 PM
Origin has never given me a problem, but I still prefer Steam. I have no issues buying a game on Origin but if that game is also available on Steam for a similar price, I'll buy it on Steam. It's not because Origin is bad, it's just because the majority of my collection is on Steam. Steam will always be my "main" DD platform and I'm sure that's true for most PC gamers since Steam was the original DD platform.
#46Runner_stylePosted 12/18/2013 7:09:13 PM
WyzeGye posted...
I've had plenty of problems with origin.

i've had plenty of problems with steam.

i've had plenty of problems with walmart

i've had plenty of problems with Mastercard

I've had plenty of problems with Paypal

I've had plenty of problems with Ebay.

Doesn't mean i'm going to stop using the services.

OOOOOH, yoo in twuble now!

You just broke one of the pc commandments! - Thou shalt not mention Valve in a negative light lest ye want to be ravaged by the worst fanboys of all....The dreaded steamers.
---
I'm like herpes. I might disappear for awhile, but I'll come back.
#47Brakis1882Posted 12/18/2013 7:26:48 PM
EA grumble grumble... ea money grubbers... blah blah blah. Don't use it. Pat yourself on the back. Go about your day and feel that much better if it is that easy.
#48ATARIJAWAPosted 12/18/2013 9:10:08 PM
The only problem I have with Origin is any time I alt-tab out of a game (not all games but certain older ones like Mirrors Edge and Burnout Paradise) the game crashes.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 107