This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PAth of Exile = Gamespot PC game of the year!!!

#21ShubPosted 12/19/2013 12:06:47 PM
I'm sure they could have found a better game (granted I don't have an example, nor would I give one if I could think of one)... I found PoE to be completely insipid and unmemorable. As far as free to play games go though, they certainly did a good job in that it really is free with no catches.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#22Dark_SpiretPosted 12/19/2013 12:09:22 PM
well i can think of a hell of a lot worse choices they could have made.
---
Currently playing: Rogue Legacy - Tales of Xillia - Skyrim
#23EternalFlame66Posted 12/19/2013 12:12:34 PM
Diablo 2 clone won best PC game of year? A testament to how much PC gaming has fallen.
---
Such is your fate.
#24kbe2k2Posted 12/19/2013 12:29:07 PM(edited)
EternalFlame66 posted...
Diablo 2 clone won best PC game of year? A testament to how much PC gaming has fallen.

Basically every ARPG that's come out since is referred to as a Diablo* clone by someone... Why mess with stuff that works? Blizzard tried with D3 and that just pissed everyone off but at least now they're figuring it out.

Plus would you rather the latest installment in the CoD franchise win?
#25YuniuninuniunPosted 12/19/2013 12:37:18 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...
Shoulda been Gone Home. Game of the century.

I just got done playing that about an hour ago and I kinda agree.

It was only 2 hours, but in that 2 hours I was more engrossed and attached to characters (that you never even ******* see) than many of the books, games, TV shows, and movies I've watched/read/played.

I even remember thinking to myself as I was heading towards the end of the game "Oh God, no no no no..."

lol
---
Playing: Path of Exile, Ys: Memories of Celceta, various MMOs
#26USFPosted 12/19/2013 12:39:25 PM
The game sounds great on paper, but once in game it is one of the most boring things I've played. Even Torchlight was more fun. They even messed up the mos important aspect of an ARPG, and that's the combat. It feels TERRIBLE in PoE, just god awful.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV, Starcraft II: HoTS, Hearthstone (Beta).
#27CilymPosted 12/19/2013 1:03:39 PM
Haven't played much since Beta, but I would have to agree tbh. It was a great game even then.
---
i called myself uberhipster before, try harder. - Ningishzida
You a straight up buster TC (Super_Thug44).- KidInTheHall
#28ryan0991Posted 12/19/2013 1:10:00 PM
I used to love ARPGs, but they put me to sleep now. Like... they literally make me tired when I play them. Every time I try to give Torchlight 2 a chance, I'm yawning within minutes.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#29OmegaFlare18Posted 12/19/2013 2:44:05 PM
I just don't get PoE really, I mean the world is really uninteresting, that skill tree is impressive but "ooh leveled up, 3% more melee speed" sounds lame and combat's just clunky
---
Steam ID: mystr_E
http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=Z11U9T0Q
#30kbe2k2Posted 12/19/2013 2:57:27 PM
OmegaFlare18 posted...
I just don't get PoE really, I mean the world is really uninteresting, that skill tree is impressive but "ooh leveled up, 3% more melee speed" sounds lame and combat's just clunky

It's a passive skill tree, the skills come in the form of gems. With this system you can change your skill build freely and if you need to rework your passive tree there's refund points given through quest and regret orbs to do that.