This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free upgrade to Virtu 2.0 for Virtu users until Jan 31

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Free upgrade to Virtu 2.0 for Virtu users until Jan 31
2 years ago#1
Not sure many people use it here, but if you have a mobo licensed for the first one you can get it free here: http://www.lucidlogix.com/free_upgrade.shtml

I haven't tried it out yet in any games but it's supposed to be like the 1st version without the massive amount of bugs.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
2 years ago#2
does this even work?
---
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013
2 years ago#3
Hunter_mk posted...
does this even work?

It's something that's nice for the vsync haters as it has a virtual vsync that doesn't add input lag or cap your framerate. If I recall correctly it increased my 3dmark score as well. The virtual vsync does what it's supposed to, I haven't done much testing on the "hyperperformance" but I don't think it's anything to write home to mom about.

Here's some before and after screenshots of Crysis Warhead for the different versions btw.

Virtu MVP 1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/ch3wy/ScreenShot0003.jpg

Virtu MVP 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/ch3wy/2013-12-18_00001.jpg
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
2 years ago#4
The new interface is definitely a lot better than the old one, I'll say that much. The old one also broke nVidia Control Panel for me so I had to leave it disabled, not that it bothered me since I never used any of its features anyway.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
2 years ago#5
Hunter_mk posted...
does this even work?

It's meh at best. Some games I notice a decent boost in frames but other games it causes performance issues. It also doesn't support SLI/XFire the last I checked. Most of the time I just had stuttering issues in games with this turned on. I did see an improvement in benchmarking by sometimes up to 20+ more frames on the max though.
---
Server PC:
Xeon E5-2630, Gigabyte X79-UD3, 16 GB's CORSAIR Vengeance LP 1600mhz, Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB (x2), Seagate 4TB 7,200 rpm hdd, Corsair RM650
2 years ago#6
ThePCElitist posted...
Hunter_mk posted...
does this even work?

It's meh at best. Some games I notice a decent boost in frames but other games it causes performance issues. It also doesn't support SLI/XFire the last I checked. Most of the time I just had stuttering issues in games with this turned on. I did see an improvement in benchmarking by sometimes up to 20+ more frames on the max though.

I think it's more focused on responsiveness than an FPS boost. Although the virtual vsync is obviously going to give a large FPS boost compared to regular vsync if your rate is being capped by it.

If you're not getting it for free it's not something I'd recommend, at least not in the state the last version was left in. But it could be worth it for vsync haters if it has all the bugs worked out by now.
---
2 years ago#7
Well, I finally realized what was causing all my problems over the last few days. Turns out it was this. It prevented one game from launching (Defiance), caused one game to crash (Warframe), and caused severe stuttering and all kinds of visual glitches in another (Skyrim). All in all, it's trash. Avoid, at least for now. For me personally, it's 3-for-3 as far as messing up games I've tried to play since upgrading goes, not to mention the problems 1.0 caused me that I mentioned above.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Free upgrade to Virtu 2.0 for Virtu users until Jan 31

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived