This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can quite easily see why the whole "PC master-race" stuff is actually a thing..

#1PokenubPosted 12/18/2013 7:01:52 PM
Until recently, I'd been playing on a absolutely horrid PC, which took about a minute for everything to load up when I started Windows.

I generally used consoles as my main form of entertainment, the sole reason being my mate had one and I liked to play games with him, however now I've gone and upgraded my PC, I find myself never actually using my consoles (occasionally I'll plug my N64 in, although thats usually just to play either Perfect Dark or listen to the Buck Bumble theme.)

After checking out a mates Xbox One and anothers PS4, I'm not quite sure what the positive difference is between consoles and PC's any more.

Both have long install times and load times, although you can make the PC's install/load times faster. Both have access to social media locations, such as Facebook (except it seems a lot of console games actually highlight social media integration as a benefit.. I'm playing games, why would I want to know if one of my friends had a nice dinner while I'm blowing off zombies heads)

But, PC has no subscription fees, the games are generally cheaper and easier to get a hold of, an insane catalog of games, both modern and old, where as consoles (at least in this generation) have no backwards compatibility.

The only reason I can actually think of is console exclusives.. But why would they do that?

I'm not sure if there's some weird marketing parallel universe thing going on, but if it were on PC, more people would end up buying it.. Right? Sure it means if there is only one good game for your system and people can play it on PC, then you're stuffed, but pro-tip: Don't hedge your bets.

But the weirdest part is, in 5 or so years, I'd still be upgrading my PC. A console (at least until the steam box perhaps) will be stuck with the hardware it has and when the next generation comes, they have to do it all over again.

I'm just so confused by consoles now days.. The only benefits they had are now gone.. Instant loading (back in the cartridge days) is a thing of the past, and since then, consoles have become less and less different from a PC, except worse.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Not looking forward to any games now.
#2MaxCHEATER64Posted 12/18/2013 7:06:19 PM
*give crown*

Welcome.

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#3Arsene-LupinPosted 12/18/2013 7:09:06 PM
I have zero respect for anyone who uses the term "master race." It's pure nonsense. It's just a petty euphemism for graphics-whoring and convenient piracy.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#4KabtheMentatPosted 12/18/2013 7:13:20 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
I have zero respect for anyone who uses the term "master race." It's pure nonsense. It's just a petty euphemism for graphics-whoring and convenient piracy.

It's also a goof. Most people that use it (me included) don't take it seriously. It's more used as way to do a little ass twisting on console-only people and just to make fun of PC gamers in general.

TL;DR version: It's a joke.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5MaxCHEATER64Posted 12/18/2013 7:14:21 PM
I use it as a joke because whenever it's mentioned, you immediately find out who in the room is a console gamer.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#6GoIrish80Posted 12/18/2013 7:15:37 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...

Peasant alert.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#7Flaktrooper123Posted 12/18/2013 7:16:24 PM
Just play and enjoy. Be sure not to miss 'refurbished' old games that consoles can never have.
#8TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 12/18/2013 7:16:49 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...

It's also a goof. Most people that use it (me included) don't take it seriously. It's more used as way to do a little ass twisting on console-only people and just to make fun of PC gamers in general.

There are a couple people here who use it and really mean it. They'll get into the dumbest fanboy arguments and troll the console boards from time to time. Kind of embarrassing.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#9Fade2black001Posted 12/18/2013 7:18:50 PM
Its only a thing cause people make it into one.Its quite stupid
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#10KabtheMentatPosted 12/18/2013 7:22:16 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...

There are a couple people here who use it and really mean it. They'll get into the dumbest fanboy arguments and troll the console boards from time to time. Kind of embarrassing.

Well, those people are delusional douchebags. But it's pretty easy to tell when someone using the PC master race phrase is in on the joke or not.

Which now that I think about it, it's like weird double secret handshake. If someone does the shake in one way...they're alright people. If they do it in another way, they're to be avoided at all costs.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson