This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can quite easily see why the whole "PC master-race" stuff is actually a thing..

#41LostHisHardcorePosted 12/19/2013 2:03:23 AM
It all started with Zero Punctuation btw
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#42arleasPosted 12/19/2013 2:03:48 AM
Its based on the "Master Race/Peasant" meme that had nothing to do with gaming.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-glorious-pc-gaming-master-race

Because you're too lazy to go to the link
The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race is a facetious label used to attribute superiority to those who prefer to play video games on a personal computer (PC). Conversely, those who prefer to play games on a console are sarcastically referred to as “dirty console peasants.” Although initially used in the context of PC vs. console debates, this mocking phrase has since spawned a number of derivatives to criticize elitist sentiments that are prevalent in other subcultures.

Nothing to do with gaming you say? Hmm...
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#43SUPER3METROIDXPosted 12/19/2013 2:14:45 AM
LostHisHardcore posted...

Which is ironic because he used the term as an insult describing PC users as ignorant gamers with god complexes who fail to see anything wrong with PC.... and then those same ignorant PC gamers actually start chanting the term and shoving it everywhere believing it. People who truly follow the mastah race thing are like the butt of a joke thats gone way over their heads.
#44skyfire777Posted 12/19/2013 2:22:13 AM
SUPER3METROIDX posted...

Which is ironic because he used the term as an insult describing PC users as ignorant gamers with god complexes who fail to see anything wrong with PC.... and then those same ignorant PC gamers actually start chanting the term and shoving it everywhere believing it. People who truly follow the mastah race thing are like the butt of a joke thats gone way over their heads.

it was more of a jab at counter-intuitive design present in a few PC games, which required someone to be part of a "master race" to actually understand it. at least, that's how i saw it. for those skeptical, just google Zero Punctuation's review of The Witcher
---
^^vv<><>ba
#45SUPER3METROIDXPosted 12/19/2013 2:51:21 AM
skyfire777 posted...
SUPER3METROIDX posted...

it was more of a jab at counter-intuitive design present in a few PC games, which required someone to be part of a "master race" to actually understand it. at least, that's how i saw it. for those skeptical, just google Zero Punctuation's review of The Witcher

Probably a little of both. There are the people that defend this sort of thing. Playing old PC games that have buttons mapped to everything can be painful at times. Contollers may be limited but once things start requiring more than 20 buttons it just gets silly.
#46JavelinPosted 12/19/2013 3:46:21 AM
SUPER3METROIDX posted...
Playing old PC games that have buttons mapped to everything can be painful at times. Contollers may be limited but once things start requiring more than 20 buttons it just gets silly.

The above post is a prime example of why developers choose to dumb down their games for consoles. It's truly unfortunate that these weak-minded peasants are confused by anything that requires more than 8 buttons. Otherwise we could probably have deep, complex games instead of the mindless auto-win button-mashing garbage that Sony and Nintendo have built their industry upon.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#47kingoffpsPosted 12/19/2013 3:54:37 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
I hope people realize "master race" was a patronizing term that the community owned. No one in the PC gaming community just came up and said, "yea we're literally going to liken ourselves to Nazis now".

I dunno...Nazis had pretty rad uniforms.

I agree. As monstrous as they were, they sure were snazzy dressers.

My girlfriend keeps saying that I'd look good in a Nazi uniform. Not quite sure how to interpret it tbh....
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#48claytonbuckleyPosted 12/19/2013 4:00:52 AM
GoIrish80 posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...
I have zero respect for anyone who uses the term "master race." It's pure nonsense. It's just a petty euphemism for graphics-whoring and convenient piracy.

Peasant alert.

i smell it too. Filthy peasant.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#49LostHisHardcorePosted 12/19/2013 4:01:04 AM
kingoffps posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
I hope people realize "master race" was a patronizing term that the community owned. No one in the PC gaming community just came up and said, "yea we're literally going to liken ourselves to Nazis now".

I dunno...Nazis had pretty rad uniforms.

I agree. As monstrous as they were, they sure were snazzy dressers.

My girlfriend keeps saying that I'd look good in a Nazi uniform. Not quite sure how to interpret it tbh....

Buy some Hugo Boss clothes
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#50_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/19/2013 5:01:22 AM
The whole "PC master race" thing is mostly just a joke, making fun of the elitism that people associate with PC gaming (it is mostly PC gamers making fun of themselves). But yeah, PC gaming offers some unique benefits that may or may not appeal to you.

For me personally, the PC is my preferred platform for two things. 1. The default input devices are the mouse and keyboard 2. Some of my favorite genres (like RTS, MOBA and Arena Shooters) are hardly represented on the consoles.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H