This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you search (the PC) in Windows 8?

#11TrueKuPosted 12/18/2013 8:38:26 PM
TC has clearly put the least amount of effort into preparing his question.
Therefore, he clearly deserves an answer with the least amount of effort.

This topic is worth no one's time.

Here's an answer: GO POUND SAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Chief Scientician
#12TrueKuPosted 12/18/2013 8:39:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13Ch3wyPosted 12/18/2013 8:42:54 PM
TrueKu posted...
It used to be you could search the PC with the "search" function, just as in every other iteration of Windows, but they appear to have changed it in an update. Now the search command only searches bing and a bunch of irrelevant windows apps.

EDIT: to clarify, previously (instead of bing) search would default to "apps," which would let you search through the PC for specific programs (like regedit.exe).

It used to be you could.. <--- wtf?? Stick a comma in there

It used to be, you could....

Stopped reading there. No, there shouldn't be a comma. Shut the **** up.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14TrueKuPosted 12/18/2013 8:48:22 PM
#15TrueKuPosted 12/18/2013 8:51:27 PM
#16Bazooka_PenguinPosted 12/18/2013 8:56:31 PM
I don't know about you TC, but Bing search results only show up under the setting search results, which are in turn under app search results.

Have you indexed your storage devices? It should be been done automatically but it can't hurt to double check
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#17Lonestar2000Posted 12/19/2013 2:34:31 AM
LOL @ TrueKu freaking out.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#18spanishbobPosted 12/19/2013 3:45:20 AM
TrueKu posted...
No one in this topic knows either. Everyone just types there query in the Start screen and files show up.

There was no screen capture or screen shot included in the topic. Who the hell knows what TC is talking about? Do you expect to find Microsoft Fairies to fly into your computer and figure this **** out? What the ****?!?!?!?!!

TrueKu posted...
Put together a coherent sentence!!!!!!
#19kingoffpsPosted 12/19/2013 3:48:49 AM
TrueKu posted...
It used to be you could search the PC with the "search" function, just as in every other iteration of Windows, but they appear to have changed it in an update. Now the search command only searches bing and a bunch of irrelevant windows apps.

EDIT: to clarify, previously (instead of bing) search would default to "apps," which would let you search through the PC for specific programs (like regedit.exe).

It used to be you could.. <--- wtf?? Stick a comma in there

It used to be, you could....

WTF do you mean? It used to be me? me what? could? Can I ? Can I do what? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE MY ABILITIES??????? WHAT ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WHAT I CAN DO? OR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE FEATURES OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM?

search the PC with the "search"

WHAT THE FLYING FALCON WHAT ARE YOU QUOTING THE WORD SEARCH FOR.

just as in every other iteration of Windows

NO, NOT IN EVERY OTHER ITERATION OF WINDOWS.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN EVERY ITERATION? DEVELOPERS DO THOUSANDS OF BUILDS OF WINDOWS.

THE START MENU SEARCH FEATURE WAS INTRODUCED IN WINDOWS VISTA.
You could not do so in WinXP and before.

Do you mean Windows 8? Do you mean Windows 8.1?

What are you talking about?
Do you KNOW what you're talking about?

Put together a coherent sentence!!!!!!

they appear to have changed it in an update.
What UPDATE? What update are you talking about? Are you running 8 or 8.1?
Update when? Update from Windows 7 to Window 8? 8 to 8.1? What UPDATE? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT? When was the update? What was the update called? When did this happen? What's the update? An example of an update is KB2917500. What was your update?

Now the search command only searches bing and a bunch of irrelevant windows apps.
This has never happened with me. So, I really have no idea what you're doing.
No one in this topic knows either. Everyone just types there query in the Start screen and files show up.

There was no screen capture or screen shot included in the topic. Who the hell knows what TC is talking about? Do you expect to find Microsoft Fairies to fly into your computer and figure this **** out? What the ****?!?!?!?!!

When I type regedit.exe into Windows search, it launches regedit like it always does.
No one has a freaking idea WTF you're doing.

He's putting quotation marks around the word search to distinguish the verb search (which he used earlier on in that sentence) with the noun search (which he was trying to emphasise). A capital letter would have been more effective but I wouldn't say that he was wrong to put quotation marks around it.

Also you typed "there" when you should have typed "their", so don't be a hypocrite. :p

Also the comma you are insistent on is not required, gramatically speaking. There is no ambiguity in the sentence.

I generally agree that the original post could have been structured a little more clearly, as I found it a bit difficult to follow. But I think some of your specific criticisms are a little bit unfair.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#20TrueKuPosted 12/19/2013 4:20:31 AM