This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Minecraft or league of legends?

#11kbe2k2Posted 12/19/2013 12:30:49 AM
Team Fortress 2
#12CobraKingKillerPosted 12/19/2013 6:30:58 AM
Majoras_pants posted...
League of Legends is just DOTA 2 with pay to win and a lower skill cap. Get DOTA 2. If your PC can't handle it (I think it's slightly more demanding than LoL but I could be wrong, I don't really pay much attention to requirements) then go with Minecraft. LoL is a good game if you get into it, but it takes so long to get all of the champions unlocked if you don't want to spend a bunch of money, and the game has a lot of counterplay so until you do unlock most of them you're at a disadvantage.

No. No. And no. Its not pay to win. If you get good with 3-5 champs you're fine, even if they counterpick you. I really like League of Legends, I think its fun. Dota 2 is good but its a lot harder to ease in to. I'm not really a fan of Minecraft, it feels like Leggos to me, somewhat childish, but to each his own.
---
A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
- Wiegraf Folles
#13lost_withinPosted 12/19/2013 8:56:30 AM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Minecraft

start a server with your friends

then grief your friends. it sooooooo fun. people get soooooo mad because blah blah art and blah blah hard work and blah blah kid has cancer

It is people like you that start nuclear wars just because they get a little bit of power...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#14Majoras_pantsPosted 12/19/2013 9:04:40 AM
CobraKingKiller posted...
Majoras_pants posted...
League of Legends is just DOTA 2 with pay to win and a lower skill cap. Get DOTA 2. If your PC can't handle it (I think it's slightly more demanding than LoL but I could be wrong, I don't really pay much attention to requirements) then go with Minecraft. LoL is a good game if you get into it, but it takes so long to get all of the champions unlocked if you don't want to spend a bunch of money, and the game has a lot of counterplay so until you do unlock most of them you're at a disadvantage.

No. No. And no. Its not pay to win. If you get good with 3-5 champs you're fine, even if they counterpick you. I really like League of Legends, I think its fun. Dota 2 is good but its a lot harder to ease in to. I'm not really a fan of Minecraft, it feels like Leggos to me, somewhat childish, but to each his own.

I think LoL is fun too. But counterpicking and a good team composition wins games.

Unless you're in bronze, having a good comp is really important. And if you are good with only like 10 to 20 champs, you're not going to fit into a lot of comps. So unless you want the rest of the team to pcik around you, you're going to have a big disadvantage against a team that can build a synergetic team comp.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#15KillerTrufflePosted 12/19/2013 9:09:21 AM
Majoras_pants posted...
CobraKingKiller posted...
Majoras_pants posted...

I think LoL is fun too. But counterpicking and a good team composition wins games.

Unless you're in bronze, having a good comp is really important. And if you are good with only like 10 to 20 champs, you're not going to fit into a lot of comps. So unless you want the rest of the team to pcik around you, you're going to have a big disadvantage against a team that can build a synergetic team comp.

So you're saying anyone who's been playing less than a year or two and is serious about the "free" part in that they don't want to spend any money is effectively screwed out of any viable gameplay.

This is why I like DOTA 2 better. All heroes available all the time.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#16CobraKingKillerPosted 12/19/2013 10:16:44 AM
Majoras_pants posted...

Sorry, was kind of in a bad mood this morning, but I'm better now.

Anyways, you're absolutely right when it comes to team comps and counterpicking, but even if someone counter picks you, if you know what your doing with your champion and have mastered said champion, you will most likely win. And most people don't care about the Team Comps really until you get to Gold+, and by then you should have a good collection of champions and the know-how to win lane. I've only been playing 7 months now, and I'd say I'm not that bad, and it's really quite fun. I'll agree that the community is ****, but that happens a lot with really popular games.

And for me, personally, I like having to buy champions. I like having something to earn, other than rank. Sure, I'd like it if you made the in-game currency quicker.

I haven't played TOO much Dota, but from what I gathered, it's harder to grasp, which if you're a bit more casual it may be a downside, and it's team-comp oriented as well, I'd say.

Anyways, they're both great games, and there's no reason not to try both of them.
---
A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
- Wiegraf Folles
#17Majoras_pantsPosted 12/19/2013 10:20:12 AM
I liked unlocking champs too. I unlocked all of them, and only paid $50 total in microtransactions. Which is a limit I set on myself for any free to play game, considering I'm saving that much by playing a free game int he first place.

But it's still a disadvantage to the game compared to DOTA 2 which gives you all of the heroes for free.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#18Mario_VS_DKPosted 12/19/2013 10:20:27 AM
Why pick one? Just play both.
---
This guy is almost always sometimes right.