This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mini-itx or mATX.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mini-itx or mATX.
3 years ago#1
I've been looking to downsize my build into something more portable, as I move quite frequently, and was wondering which form factor I should pursue: mATX or mini-itx. Truth be told, I'm not quite sure what the difference is between the two.

To clarify: I'm only switching motherboards and case, and the rest of my build will be be the same.

Also, recommendations for a case would be nice. I'd like something with good cable management options. So far, I'm looking at the bitfenix prodigy/m.
3DS FC: 3952-7065-0089
3 years ago#2
mini itx is smaller than micro atx.
3 years ago#3
also keep in mind mini-itx cases are usually more expensive
is haha
3 years ago#4
micro ATX is just a cut down ATX. Mini ITX, then it is small.
3 years ago#5
it should be worth noting, you will have to put a lot of effort to make a gaming quality video card fit in a Mini ITX case while also maintaining proper airflow for cooling.

this is something that could potentially take you days.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
3 years ago#6
ChromaticAngel posted...
it should be worth noting, you will have to put a lot of effort to make a gaming quality video card fit in a Mini ITX case while also maintaining proper airflow for cooling.

this is something that could potentially take you days.

Uhh not really. A well designed mini ITX case like the Node 304 can handle a GTX 780 just fine. The main thing with mini ITX is that you can only have one graphics card.
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.9 | Windows 8.1 Pro
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mini-itx or mATX.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived