This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me a game

User Info: Featherwind

Featherwind
3 years ago#1
Any genre, old or new, well known or obscure, multiplayer or singleplayer... Just a game you think more people should play.

The only group of games I've mostly played already are older RPGs like Infinity Engine games.

I've been looking at Battlefield 4 or returning to WoW but neither really excites me right now. So far this has been the worst year in gaming for me but there is still time to fix that.
pathological

User Info: Mudkip57

Mudkip57
3 years ago#2
Super Monday Night Combat

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 years ago#3
Total War:Shogun 2 + Fall of the Samurai & Rise of the Samurai. Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row IV are fun open world games too. Saints Row supports full campaign co-op which is definetely a bonus.

Terraria, Killing Floor, and Natural Selection 2 all have had recent updates and support modding. I have sunk hours upon hours online with all 3 of those games.

I know you only asked for one game but I figured you might prefer a genre over another.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Featherwind

Featherwind
3 years ago#4
Multiple games are fine. I just want to know what I may have disregarded or find a new game that looks exciting. Most people here have a backlog and I want one too.

If it helps games I bought last year and liked a lot were Dark Souls and Saints Row 2. The only game I've bought this year and liked has been Left 4 Dead 2 (I'm not a fan of zombies at all though).
pathological

User Info: majinbuu58

majinbuu58
3 years ago#5
I second Shogun 2. Amazing game

User Info: Bellum_Sacrum

Bellum_Sacrum
3 years ago#6
Dark Souls should be taught at schools.
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."

User Info: xBrokenxHalox

xBrokenxHalox
3 years ago#7
Mudkip57 posted...
Super Monday Night Combat

You could not have named a multiplayer game with less people.
Error. Human is dead, mismatch.

User Info: Bellum_Sacrum

Bellum_Sacrum
3 years ago#8
Sorry, just noticed you played Dark Souls.

I'll assume you're talking about PC games exclusively so...

CRPG:
Planescape: Torment
Fallout 1 & 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

ARPG:
Gothic 1 & 2
Witcher 1 & 2

FPS:
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Thief trilogy

Strategy:
Dungeon Keeper 2
Jagged Alliance 2
Disciples 2 Gold (or Heroes of Might & Magic 3/4)
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
3 years ago#9
Total War Shogun and Shogun 2 are my least favorite from the series. Not a fan of the setting. But they're still great games, and I'll third Shogun 2 instead of recommending Empire or Napoleon like I normally would, since it's already been mentioned.

Mount and Blade Warband is a really, really good strategic sandbox RPG. It's a LOT of fun, and will continue being fun for hundreds of hours.

Crusader Kings 2 if you like more complex strategy games. It'll take awhile to learn but when you get a grasp on the basics you'll be sucked in for a long time. Just like all Paradox games.

Dark Souls isn't lesser known but it's a good game. Definitely a lot of fun for 60-70 hours.

Age of Empires 2 HD or Age of Empires 3 are really, really fun if you like RTS. I'm not even really a fan of RTS besides a few of the greats, and these are among the best of the best in my opinion.

Rogue Legacy is a really fun game. It's a roguelike, but with cash and stat increases in between lives to make things a bit easier the next time around. Which works well because the game is really difficult until you get a lot of stat increases and some decent gear. If you're looking for something to play for a weekend or two, and not suck you in for a LONG time like most games I recommend, pick it up.
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
3 years ago#10
Assassins Creed IV, I am actually critical of the series but IV is a masterpiece.
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived