This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game

#1FeatherwindPosted 12/19/2013 2:14:57 AM
Any genre, old or new, well known or obscure, multiplayer or singleplayer... Just a game you think more people should play.

The only group of games I've mostly played already are older RPGs like Infinity Engine games.

I've been looking at Battlefield 4 or returning to WoW but neither really excites me right now. So far this has been the worst year in gaming for me but there is still time to fix that.
---
pathological
#2Mudkip57Posted 12/19/2013 2:16:50 AM
Super Monday Night Combat
#3Cool_Dude667Posted 12/19/2013 2:22:56 AM
Total War:Shogun 2 + Fall of the Samurai & Rise of the Samurai. Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row IV are fun open world games too. Saints Row supports full campaign co-op which is definetely a bonus.

Terraria, Killing Floor, and Natural Selection 2 all have had recent updates and support modding. I have sunk hours upon hours online with all 3 of those games.

I know you only asked for one game but I figured you might prefer a genre over another.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#4Featherwind(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 2:37:07 AM(edited)
Multiple games are fine. I just want to know what I may have disregarded or find a new game that looks exciting. Most people here have a backlog and I want one too.

If it helps games I bought last year and liked a lot were Dark Souls and Saints Row 2. The only game I've bought this year and liked has been Left 4 Dead 2 (I'm not a fan of zombies at all though).
---
pathological
#5majinbuu58Posted 12/19/2013 8:18:59 AM
I second Shogun 2. Amazing game
#6Bellum_SacrumPosted 12/19/2013 8:33:34 AM
Dark Souls should be taught at schools.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#7xBrokenxHaloxPosted 12/19/2013 9:06:28 AM
Mudkip57 posted...
Super Monday Night Combat

You could not have named a multiplayer game with less people.
---
Error. Human is dead, mismatch.
#8Bellum_SacrumPosted 12/19/2013 9:12:34 AM
Sorry, just noticed you played Dark Souls.

I'll assume you're talking about PC games exclusively so...

CRPG:
Planescape: Torment
Fallout 1 & 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

ARPG:
Gothic 1 & 2
Witcher 1 & 2

FPS:
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Thief trilogy

Strategy:
Dungeon Keeper 2
Jagged Alliance 2
Disciples 2 Gold (or Heroes of Might & Magic 3/4)
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#9Majoras_pantsPosted 12/19/2013 9:12:45 AM
Total War Shogun and Shogun 2 are my least favorite from the series. Not a fan of the setting. But they're still great games, and I'll third Shogun 2 instead of recommending Empire or Napoleon like I normally would, since it's already been mentioned.

Mount and Blade Warband is a really, really good strategic sandbox RPG. It's a LOT of fun, and will continue being fun for hundreds of hours.

Crusader Kings 2 if you like more complex strategy games. It'll take awhile to learn but when you get a grasp on the basics you'll be sucked in for a long time. Just like all Paradox games.

Dark Souls isn't lesser known but it's a good game. Definitely a lot of fun for 60-70 hours.

Age of Empires 2 HD or Age of Empires 3 are really, really fun if you like RTS. I'm not even really a fan of RTS besides a few of the greats, and these are among the best of the best in my opinion.

Rogue Legacy is a really fun game. It's a roguelike, but with cash and stat increases in between lives to make things a bit easier the next time around. Which works well because the game is really difficult until you get a lot of stat increases and some decent gear. If you're looking for something to play for a weekend or two, and not suck you in for a LONG time like most games I recommend, pick it up.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#10protools1983Posted 12/19/2013 9:13:40 AM
Assassins Creed IV, I am actually critical of the series but IV is a masterpiece.
---
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?