This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Warframe a solid experience?

#11pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 9:10:04 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
The game is boring. If you like playing the same maps and doing the same exact quests thousands of times over to level then this game is for you.

Well, like monkeymage point out - if the core gameplay is satisfying than what does it matter how many maps there are? Besides, I don't need a constant stream of new content to keep me interested in a game, just solid gameplay.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12FaPaThYPosted 12/19/2013 9:19:10 AM(edited)
It plays fine for me, but you'll have to try it for yourself. I'm not usually into 3rd person shooters, but this is an exception for some reason. The parkour stuff is pretty fun,if a bit janky and underdeveloped right now. I'm sure it'll get improved eventually, like everything else has. They're going to overhaul the melee system with combos and stuff and I think they're going to make stealth gameplay more viable eventually too. There are still lots of things they're trying to polish.

I don't use the controller myself, but it's on PS4 too, so I assume controller support is pretty good, at least in-game. It's not completely supported in the PC version though and you'll still need to switch to the mouse for UI stuff like selecting missions, etc..

Matchmaking works fine for me, and I don't have trouble getting games, at least not for the stuff i run now. When progressing through the solar map missions, some of them that were off the beaten path I ended up soloing myself to unlock Nightmare mode for that planet, because most people stick to survival/defense/bosses for late/end-game. There's also a recruiting channel you can use to host or join groups that are doing the invite-only maps or get a group to do specific things on specific maps(Like resource farming, survival runs to x minutes/hours, defense runs to x waves,etc.). Lag is a pretty regular problem though, with this being a peer-to-peer game that's dependent on the host's computer and connection not sucking.

Soloing is viable for most of the game, if you have the right warframes/weapons. Stuff like Defense can be hard to solo past wave 10, but most other missions, even bosses, are pretty easy when you're decked out a bit. You'll eventually be powerful enough to kill bosses within seconds and 1 shot most normal enemies.(Excluding really high level survival/defense)

Definitely read through the wiki before/while you play. It'll go a long way.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#13darkdragon_9600Posted 12/19/2013 9:49:29 AM
Consider this: When I saw it, I disliked it. When I tried it, I actually enjoyed. 330 hours in and still playing.

Now it has much more content than when I began. Try it out and see if you like it, it's free anyway.
---
3DS FC: 0576-4794-4713. Has Shuckle, Magcargo, and Nosepass
http://www.youtube.com/lukedubr for Warframe videos!
#14Knighted DragonPosted 12/19/2013 10:47:39 AM
True, but it's not mindless or anything. The core gameplay is pretty satisfying.

It's definitely satisfying to play and watch all the cool backflips and stuff you do, but it gets pretty old pretty fast for me, even when playing with friends. And it's extremely buggy =/
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#15PhilOnDezPosted 12/19/2013 11:08:54 AM
After talking about it here I went to play it again, it downloaded a few gigs and then I was able to start it up. I'm having a lot of trouble with it though, it crashed once while I was updating controller settings and then again after that once I went to start up a mission. I went to verify the game cache via steam and it said 120 files failed to validate so I'm assuming that was my problem, but I got/get the same error with new Vegas every time I try that and it never fixed it (though I did get it running). This level of crashing isn't typical is it? It's redownloading about 3.5gigs so I'll try again once it's finished.

Another thing, while trying to rebind controls (I mostly just wanted to swap X and B), it activated that button whenever I pressed it to rebind it, for example X resets everything to default so trying to rebind reload to X sets reload to X for a fraction of a second then undoes every other change I made, including the X=reload, while trying to bind melee to B closes out of the controller options tab.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#16Tyranius2Posted 12/19/2013 11:22:01 AM
There's a lot [and I mean a LOT] of grinding. But it's fun trying out new frames and builds. I have about 200 some hours. Metagaming is the core.

Everything in this game is soloable if you have a rhino, except for long survival/defense missions.

You should be aware that you HAVE to spend money. Otherwise you're stuck with 2 frames forever and a couple of weapons. Wait until you get platinum discounts as a login reward and buy some plat.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#17PhilOnDezPosted 12/19/2013 11:37:15 AM
I always buy currency/boosters in F2P games (and ME3 since the DLC was free, I bought an expensive pack with each DLC, not sure how it translated into cash but I think it was about $4). How far will the initiate/apprentice packs go? $20 seems like a fair price to pay for the game and the packs are half off currently, would I be better off spending the $20 on pure platinum? I think the $40 (currently $20) comes with 500 plus 50,000 credits and some xp boosts.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#18Tyranius2Posted 12/19/2013 12:33:43 PM
How long do the affinity boosters go for? 50k credits is absolutely nothing.

Still, the amount of platinum is nice. 20 bucks would get you 370 platinum, so 500 plat for 20 is a decent deal.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#19PhilOnDezPosted 12/19/2013 1:04:15 PM
Here's what the starter pack comes with, currently 19.99

500 platinum and 100,000 credits to start stocking up on equipment immediately.
6 random Common MOD Cards to begin upgrading your Warframes and weapons right away.
4 random RARE MOD Cards for extra powerful modifications to your equipment.
The Affinity Booster will rank up your equipment at a faster rate for a few days.
The Credit Booster will allow you to gather credits much quicker for a few days.

I completely reinstalled the game and I'm still getting crashes though so I'm not sure I'm gonna bother with it if this keeps up, I made it through almost an entire mission but it crashed right at the end.

Do I need to run as admin or anything? I tried running the launcher as admin from the steam install folder but it wanted to reinstall the game again and I have a bandwidth cap, it's already burned through about 10% of my monthly allowance today, though I'll try again after midnight when my bandwidth doesn't count against me if that's what it takes.
---