This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Snow Globe Trading cards... "Subject to availability"

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 12/19/2013 11:21:29 AM
I found this a tad funny. How exactly can digital trading cards become unavailable?

"Plus! Every 3 votes gets you a Snow Globe trading card.
Subject to availability. Restrictions apply."
---
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
"And like that, *poof*. He's gone."
#2j_coatPosted 12/19/2013 11:25:44 AM
Unlike the Summer Cards, these cards disappear from your inventory once the sale ends.
---
Check out the demo of Universal Wars Saga!
http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=5169
#3xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 11:29:10 AM
j_coat posted...
Unlike the Summer Cards, these cards disappear from your inventory once the sale ends.

Oh well that makes sense... didn't read that. Thanks!
---
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
#4OrgeLambartPosted 12/19/2013 11:37:40 AM
unless you are big into getting steam levels sell them, they'll be in demand like hot cakes for the first week of the sale.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#5Majoras_pantsPosted 12/19/2013 11:40:37 AM
Wait what? They go away?

I want that damn badge, too.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#6xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 11:52:00 AM
Anyone noticing some odd behaviors with the Market right now? Got a few globes up for sale at a good deal cheaper than the lowest and they're not showing up. I imagine there's some lag putting this stuff up right now?
---
#7arleasPosted 12/19/2013 11:58:13 AM(edited)
I want that damn badge, too.

You get a card for every 3 votes... you get a card when you make a badge, you get a card for every $10 you spend, so yeah, that's plenty of chances to get at least one level in that badge...

the one that's going to suck is the foil badge.. I've got one foil card and I am betting the others are now selling for $8 each or something ridiculous...

Edit: Yep, one is on sale now at $7, another for 10 and #5 is on sale for $18.21.... If these cards DO disappear afterwards then maybe the prices are justified, but I won't pay more than $1 for a foil card... I'm not that crazy.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#8PhilOnDezPosted 12/19/2013 11:56:40 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
I found this a tad funny. How exactly can digital trading cards become unavailable?

I like to refer to limited amounts of a digital commodity as FArtS. Forced Artificial Scarcity.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#9OrgeLambartPosted 12/19/2013 12:39:52 PM
can't wait for the 20th when my steam funds open up, have 3 cards I'd like to put up for sale, heck I'll be happy to get .75 for each of them.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart