This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What your opinion of minecraft?

#11my_name_is_EdPosted 12/19/2013 1:26:19 PM
JonWood007 posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Great game when jon doesn't try to kill you for no reason

How come when I killed you all my stuff shot all over the place? Hmm?

because you killed me, duh?
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#12Worknofun370Posted 12/19/2013 1:33:14 PM
I actually just got into it recently. I've found it to be far more fun that I thought it was going to be, which was a pretty nice surprise.

I've probably only sunk 15-20 hours into it, but have great plans for my future minecraft world. :)
#13locky723Posted 12/19/2013 1:38:46 PM
Great game... But just not structured enough. I like Starbound/Terraria more.
#14DaedalusExPosted 12/19/2013 1:50:25 PM
Was insanely addicted to it at first, realized there wasn't really a goal and got bored. Revisited it sometime later with mods (Buildcraft etc.) and really enjoyed working through the 'tech tree.' You can even build quarries eventually so you don't have to mine anymore.

Still gets boring after a while, but it's a lot of fun when I'm in a creative mood or just want to escape to another world (and don't have any drugs on hand.)
#15my_name_is_EdPosted 12/19/2013 1:55:29 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
I actually just got into it recently. I've found it to be far more fun that I thought it was going to be, which was a pretty nice surprise.

I've probably only sunk 15-20 hours into it, but have great plans for my future minecraft world. :)

its even better with friends when you guys start to build a community and then you decide to troll your friends by filling their houses with doors
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#16TowerBooks3192Posted 12/19/2013 2:00:16 PM
Great game but killed by the lack of decorative objects. I loved the decorative ones Im seeing in terraria and starbound. It is disappointing when a building game that makes you build anything does not let you make decorative objects like Terraria's statues, tables, chairs, etc. If they add that in then I reckon its the perfrct game.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#17Worknofun370Posted 12/19/2013 2:18:34 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Worknofun370 posted...

its even better with friends when you guys start to build a community and then you decide to troll your friends by filling their houses with doors

Oh for sure. Right now it's just me and the wife playing it on a home server. But I plan on opening up the server in a bit to the world and playing some some friends from work.
#18BogePosted 12/19/2013 2:24:22 PM
It's a breakthrough for gaming. It's very dull and boring, but it does so much right for video gaming...CREATION.

I'm surprised that more games haven't tried to implement Minecraft qualities to their games, and I'm surprised I haven't yet seen a Minecraft ripoff from a bigger company with more features and better graphics.

I personally don't really care for the game, but I highly applaud what it does. It deserves the credit and praise it's gotten.
---
And so he prophesied that the sheeple will follow the stupid, and the stupid will rule the Earth.
#19Worknofun370Posted 12/19/2013 2:28:06 PM
Boge posted...

I'm surprised that more games haven't tried to implement Minecraft qualities to their games, and I'm surprised I haven't yet seen a Minecraft ripoff from a bigger company with more features and better graphics.

Well, there is Rust, which certainly has some minecrafty things in it. I always see it described as Minecraft + DayZ, which I mildly agree with.