This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

steam sale is on and no discussions?

#11SteamsterPosted 12/19/2013 6:16:59 PM
Bigj089 posted...
Hmmm, let me try my hand at trying to mimic the posts and topics we're going to see during the sale.

Ahem,

"It sucks. Steam sales suck anymore, I hope Steam goes under and everyone that works there remains jobless for the rest of their life for their crappy sales. Did I mention how much the sale sucks and all of you plebs need to stop kissing Valves butt? Oh, and Steam and its sales suck.".

Also, a brief view of the type of person that would type the above paragraph -

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4b0853157d9dbfa53e6fa10e964e37aa/tumblr_mm5kb05MKU1rpkefxo1_500.gif

Did I get it right?

Steam sales used to be fun, but now all we get is these stupid cards and badges. Instead of playing the games you buy for rewards you just throw money at the screen. It sucks.

Remember back when they had tons of publisher packs and those awesome indie bundles? That was good, this sucks.

Nobody even likes any of the games on sale. I mean, I'd never buy them, that's for sure.
#12Bigj089Posted 12/19/2013 6:34:59 PM
Steamster posted...
Bigj089 posted...
Hmmm, let me try my hand at trying to mimic the posts and topics we're going to see during the sale.

Ahem,

"It sucks. Steam sales suck anymore, I hope Steam goes under and everyone that works there remains jobless for the rest of their life for their crappy sales. Did I mention how much the sale sucks and all of you plebs need to stop kissing Valves butt? Oh, and Steam and its sales suck.".

Also, a brief view of the type of person that would type the above paragraph -

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4b0853157d9dbfa53e6fa10e964e37aa/tumblr_mm5kb05MKU1rpkefxo1_500.gif

Did I get it right?

Steam sales used to be fun, but now all we get is these stupid cards and badges. Instead of playing the games you buy for rewards you just throw money at the screen. It sucks.

Remember back when they had tons of publisher packs and those awesome indie bundles? That was good, this sucks.

Nobody even likes any of the games on sale. I mean, I'd never buy them, that's for sure.

The whole point of the sales is to buy games for cheaper than usual, they still do that. Cards and badges are just a new thing they added for playing a lot of the games, throwing money at the screen has always been "either you do it or you don't", not just after they implemented cards and badges.

And yes, I do remember. They still have them but you have to look for them and there aren't as many. I never bought them but that's because I usually already owned a good number of the games from the bundles I would have wanted out of them.

Yes, people do or they wouldn't have sales. The games that are on sale aren't just on the front page, they have a lot more. Not all of their games go on the front page or are featured in flash sales.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#13DARQ MXPosted 12/19/2013 6:55:15 PM
Metal Gear Rising is gonna be $20... thats not bad for a brand new game on PC.
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#14arleasPosted 12/19/2013 7:00:50 PM
We just had a sale XD Murdering wallets mang

And people were complaining about that one too
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#15EpicKingdom_Posted 12/19/2013 7:06:59 PM
DARQ MX posted...
Metal Gear Rising is gonna be $20... thats not bad for a brand new game on PC.

BUT CAN YOU PLAY AS SNAKE?
/caps.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#16SteamsterPosted 12/19/2013 7:08:04 PM(edited)
The f*** are you doing replying like that to me? We're talking about the trite complaints nobody should give a f*** about . Get outta here.
#17Bigj089Posted 12/19/2013 7:40:45 PM
Steamster posted...
The f*** are you doing replying like that to me? We're talking about the trite complaints nobody should give a f*** about . Get outta here.

Damn dude, easy there. The way you worded it made it seem like you were complaining.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#18SinisterSlay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 8:25:20 AM
Still nothing interesting....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#19tigerex777Posted 12/20/2013 8:50:45 AM
Imo amazon has surpassed Steam in sales.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#20Born LuckyPosted 12/20/2013 9:13:25 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
steam sale is on and no discussions?

Well . . . they're not selling anything I'm interested in at the moment.

It's not that I'm spoiled, but I have such a large backlog of really great games, that I've already bought from Steam, that there's no point in buying something I'm only mildly interested in, for anything less than 75% off.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot