This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Warframe crashing every few minutes

#1PhilOnDezPosted 12/19/2013 4:53:17 PM
Made a topic on the game's board but it looks like it only gets a post every few hours so figured I'd try here, google only turned up results from July and the steam forums didn't have anything.

Specs: 3570k@4.4ghz
GTX 670FTW+@Stock, 331.82 drivers (latest)
Windows 7 64 bit
8 gigs of ram

The specific error message I'm getting is that the engine has stopped responding.

I have the game installed via steam onto my secondary HDD, I've verified the game cache via both steam and the game's launcher, completely reinstalled, I tried to run the launcher directly as administrator but it wanted to reinstall again which I'm not going to let it do except as a last resort since I have a bandwidth cap and I've burned through 10% of it today just on this game. I've tried disabling 64 bit mode and dx11 mode individually, next thing to disable will be multithreaded, then I'll try all three.

Any tricks I'm missing? It played fine a while back but now that I've tried to get into it again I'm not having any luck.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#2darkdragon_9600Posted 12/19/2013 5:03:06 PM
11.5 has lots of people crashing. It's a common issue.
---
3DS FC: 0576-4794-4713. Has Shuckle, Magcargo, and Nosepass
http://www.youtube.com/lukedubr for Warframe videos!
#3PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 5:07:36 PM
Disabling multithreaded rendering didn't help either.

So no fix on it right now? That's lame. I'm really enjoying the few minutes of it I can play at a time.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#4PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 5:16:48 PM
Disabling all 3 didn't help either.
---
#5PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 7:02:42 PM
Bump
---
#6PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 6:24:05 AM
Another bump.
---
#7Rexdragon125Posted 12/20/2013 7:13:10 AM
Their programmers manage to screw up buttons, something that GUIs have had for ~30 years (they vanish or lose hit detection). And stat displays, which always forget about your mods and show base damage after a few missions.
#8PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 10:18:17 AM
Yeah button bindings was another problem I had. Trying to remap my 360 controller didn't work at all. When you select a button to remap and the 'Select button to bind to reload' prompt comes up pressing X will bind reload to X for a fraction of a second. Turns out X is also the button that returns all settings to default and it undoes itself immediately afterwards.
---
#9Rexdragon125Posted 12/20/2013 10:26:49 AM
Haha, I don't use a controller, but wow is that bad. It's a beta, so it's allowed to be garbage!
#10PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 11:50:41 AM
Undid my overclock and it errored in the exact same way so that wasn't the problem.
---