This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if consoles had steam sales??????????

#31Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 12/20/2013 1:23:52 AM(edited)
Wait, what's the difference between a Steam sale and any other store's sales...

Seasonal, weekly, and daily "flash" sales have been going on since the early concepts of capitalism. (and are in fact done in XBL and PSN just as well)

And I find things cheaper outside of Steam just as often as Steam is the cheapest. (it may take some more effort, but it is still true)

What'd I miss?
#32GamersTavernPosted 12/20/2013 1:23:55 AM
Sounds steamy.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#33Infini22Posted 12/20/2013 1:27:06 AM
Clouddx posted...
Termin8r posted...
arstos posted...
nope, and i say this as someone who is primarily a console gamer. pc has a ton of exclusives which is why i branched out.

No doubt about that. You can see from this list that PC just beats everyone combined when it comes to this generation's exclusives:

http://i.imgur.com/TCRFBGs.jpg

Xbox has Halo, PC insta looses.

Ps4 has the new killzone which is technically superior to any PC game.

+ 90% of those games listed are Indie Trash. Who the hell likes games with bad graphics nowadays, that's why I like those AAA console exclusives.

What the... One day I will have a heart attack reading gamefaqs, I swear.

While I'm definitely a PC gamer at heart, I do own most consoles since NES times, solely for the great exclusives they usually offer. Your post however, is everything that's wrong with console gamers. Vegetables buying consoles because pcsuxlolAAAgfxFTW!!11(because PC doesn't have those apparently..?) makes me want to vomit. I sincerely hope you are trolling.
#34metalmariolordPosted 12/20/2013 2:20:18 AM
Infini22 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Termin8r posted...
arstos posted...
nope, and i say this as someone who is primarily a console gamer. pc has a ton of exclusives which is why i branched out.

No doubt about that. You can see from this list that PC just beats everyone combined when it comes to this generation's exclusives:

Xbox has Halo, PC insta looses.

Ps4 has the new killzone which is technically superior to any PC game.

+ 90% of those games listed are Indie Trash. Who the hell likes games with bad graphics nowadays, that's why I like those AAA console exclusives.

What the... One day I will have a heart attack reading gamefaqs, I swear.

While I'm definitely a PC gamer at heart, I do own most consoles since NES times, solely for the great exclusives they usually offer. Your post however, is everything that's wrong with console gamers. Vegetables buying consoles because pcsuxlolAAAgfxFTW!!11(because PC doesn't have those apparently..?) makes me want to vomit. I sincerely hope you are trolling.

Was going to post something along these lines.
Generic shooter beats everything PC has.LOL.Like that'll ever happen.
The only console worth owning when one has a gaming rig is the Nintendo ones, that offer different game types than wannabe computers.
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#35SUPER3METROIDXPosted 12/20/2013 3:35:23 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
SUPER3METROIDX posted...
Do PC gamers not realize that console games go on sale too and aren't just $60 all the time?
Things like Bioshock and Skyrim are just as cheap on console as PC (And I mean exactly, I've seen sub$10 prices for console versions). Bought both Crysis 2 and Dead Space 2 for $20 new a month after they came out when I had my xbox.
Consoles can have many comparable sales, the "all console games are $60" that gets spread around is complete BS.

Do PC gamers not realize that console games go on sale too and aren't just $60 all the time?

find comparable pricing to most of those entries in my sig and i'll take your word for it.
(hint: it's the 2nd column you should look for when making comparisons on a per unit basis)

Your sig is extremely cherry picked and biased. Just a typical PC fanboy ignorance post, makes me embarrassed to be a PC gamer, posts like that make everyone look like highhorse riders with godcomplexes that have to be 100% correct and have no faults with their choices at all.
#36Bellum_SacrumPosted 12/20/2013 3:47:00 AM
It would be like DudeBros vs. Steam monkeys TC. The dumbest subcultures in gaming collide.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#37exclusiveburnerPosted 12/20/2013 3:59:33 AM
Termin8r posted...
arstos posted...

I think it's fair to say that 85% of those games are trash, and cheap for reason...in fact a lot of them are free.

Not trying to defend consoles, but if you think that's a quality list of games....you're crazy.

In fact most of them get sold to the "Steam Sale Losers Club". And if you don't know what that is, let me explain.

The Steam Sale Losers Club consists of every pc gamer who waits around for 90% off sales, and purchases every game they can just to say they have it. Then they act like there $1.99 sale purchase benefits the game developers a great deal. Interestingly enough they rarely play the games they buy, and then go ahead and past pictures of their library as if it's cool. While the developers do pocket a little money, they get crap compared to console releases.

So comparing your list....nothing in there can touch Forza 5...nothing...or Driveclub....Trackmania? Ocean City Racing...what a f'n joke. Really? That's it? That's your giant list of exclusives? Quality for Quality not many of those titles can go toe to toe. The majority of them are bad, even for there $5 price tag.

So while you can hate from afar, at least be realistic when it comes to Quality.

Sincerely Your's - A PC Gamer Without An Unbiased Hate For Consoles
#38RadiantEmeraldPosted 12/20/2013 4:02:37 AM
Wii U sometimes has E shop sales but they are often still pricey. I would love to have Steam type sales on my Wii U. Well, to be honest, I wish Nintendo would go 3rd party so I can legally get Nintendo games on my PC. Only thing to make this better would be if EA released all their Sega Genesis games on Origin. I want to play Haunting Starring Polterguy without setting up my Sega.
#39Flaktrooper123Posted 12/20/2013 4:03:05 AM
Excuse me, why are we only looking at Steam sales. Consoles have exclusives yes, and that is their main appeal. But why are people forgetting about PC exclusives? Not to mention many of these are free too, and many are great. The devs just don't have enough budget to lobby Sony or Microsoft to bring them to consoles.
#40MangorushXIIIPosted 12/20/2013 4:08:37 AM(edited)
What if PC had good exclusive games like consoles do? Nope, never going to happen.