This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if consoles had steam sales??????????

#61Majoras_pantsPosted 12/20/2013 8:05:13 AM
vashtricham posted...
consoles get sales too. Ive gotten plenty of game for cheap on consoles. Just check out gamefly used game sales when they have them. I just got both rayman games new together for under $20 for consoles

Buying used games is as bad as pirating.

This is like saying "Console games are cheap because my Xbox is modded".
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#62vashtrichamPosted 12/20/2013 8:07:34 AM
Majoras_pants posted...
vashtricham posted...
consoles get sales too. Ive gotten plenty of game for cheap on consoles. Just check out gamefly used game sales when they have them. I just got both rayman games new together for under $20 for consoles

Buying used games is as bad as pirating.

This is like saying "Console games are cheap because my Xbox is modded".

No its not, gamefly had to buy the game, then they rented it out and now i bought it from them. Devs still get their money
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#63Flaktrooper123Posted 12/20/2013 8:15:21 AM
No matter what I said before, I think that is what advantage console had. Long time ago, that applied to PC too, during the time of CD keys and all until the devs decided to shut us off. I am not sure if you can do that with the new consoles, at least my friends who are console gamers do that once in a while with the X360. I won't call that pirating, since the devs still get their money because the first buyer still got to pay.
#64Bellum_SacrumPosted 12/20/2013 8:20:53 AM
spanishbob posted...
You do both realize you're massive console fanboys right? I mean, both of you come here and slag PCs off all the time. So don't argue. Love each other. You're both on the same side.

Haha, no, try harder. Unlike you, I can recognize the shortcomings of the platform, since I have access to all of them. But you, oh...you're stuck with it.

I own 100+ games on GOG so your argument is moot anyway, and unlike whatever Steam crap you own, they're not console ports. You just can't handle the truth.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#65PraetorXynPosted 12/20/2013 8:22:13 AM
It will never happen.
The reason being that Steam has competitors in the form of Amazon, GMG, etc. who all sell Steam keys. Not to mention GOG and all the other sites. SO there's plenty of incentive for them to compete on price.

On a console, you're only getting whatever digital goods that console's manufacturer allows you to have access to. In other words they have a complete monopoly on their digital storefronts, and the only thing that would incentivize them to compete on price is that not enough people are buying something. Unfortunately that really won't happen because console gamers are used to paying $60 for every game they buy anyway.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#66Fou LuPosted 12/20/2013 8:25:26 AM
negative4 posted...
Just wait until physical copies of games become obsolete for consoles. The generation after this will most likely have it by then.

No, look at it now. We have digital games, and Sony and Microsoft are both trying to push digital. All digital only would mean on a console is they'd be allowed to overcharge like they currently do and get away with it. There would be no more used games, meaning Microsoft and Sony have a monopoly on game sales. If you think they'd be "nice" and give good deals, there's no way in hell either of them would do something like that.

Look at Nintendo, as an example. Their digital games are far far far overpriced, and they can charge it because there's no other way to play them (the Virtual Console games) beyond having the old consoles and carts. $5 for a NES game? Uh no... That's not worth it. $10 for a SNES game, when Sony charges $10 for a PS2 game? Then having the gall to charge an extra $2 for Earthbound?
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#67pothocketPosted 12/20/2013 8:29:00 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...
With PC you can play any game, from any era without any problems of worrying about backwards compatibility.

LOL are you trying to be funny using sarcasm?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#68BkongoPosted 12/20/2013 8:32:56 AM
is this topic saying that pc gaming didn't exist before steam sales because uhhhh
#69btaylorstlPosted 12/20/2013 9:34:03 AM
pc doesn't have ps+

PS+ is a great deal, no doubt, certainly far beyond anything seen before on consoles, but if you take that $50 and spend it wisely you can almost certainly get more and better games on PC sales, especially through Humble Bundles. And you wouldn't have to spend another $50 every years to keep access to those games either.

The problem I always run into with PS Plus is that if a game comes out that I really want to play, I'll probably just buy it. It's just not worth waiting around for months or maybe even years and idly hope that said game will eventually be free or steeply discounted on Plus. So in practice, all that ends up happening is that I'll maybe play a game that I was kind of tepid or undecided on anyway, and by that time most likely I'll have been able to have bought it on PC for 5 or 10 bucks at most.

Honestly, the first time PS Plus was really worth it for me was very recently when I bought a Vita, and now I have a decent library to play without spending an extra dime beyond my subscription. That's really nice. But going forward I'm probably still just going to buy what I really want to play anyway.
---
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/29/11
#70djprofessork1Posted 12/20/2013 9:52:40 AM
why do you guys respond to such obvious troll threads?