This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a decent low budget build?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this a decent low budget build?

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
3 years ago#11
The $500 Steam machines that I saw announced a week or so ago are still a little hazy with them just saying things like "a multicore AMD processor".
That is extremely vague and there are a ton of good and bad AMD CPUs that could fit such a description.

If you are not comfortable building your own PC then the Steam machine, even after adding about $100 for a copy of windows, still sounds like it could be a decent prebuilt computer.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

User Info: juscallmeehx

juscallmeehx
3 years ago#12
I personally do not see the value in the i3-2120. Intel chips are pretty expensive in general and at your price point, the AMD FX6300 is the best choice of power over price.

I do recommend going for a 60 series for geforce as that is the best bang for your buck, e.g. gtx 760 however the ATI R9 270 (which is comparable to a 760) I hear is good too.

I still recommend waiting for a steambox unless you want to a computer now.
PSN, XBL & Steam: juscallmeehx
i5-4670k CPU @ 3.7GHz OC | 2x8GB RAM | Evga GTX 560 ti | 2x128GB SSD & 1TB HD

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 years ago#13
Buying an i3 sandy bridge has come and past. Do not buy an i3 sandy bridge. An i5 k series sandy bridge would be fine though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk

User Info: The_Count_Foo

The_Count_Foo
3 years ago#14
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=21330331

Something like that would be good. You could probably get it closer to $600 by picking a different case, installing the OS via USB instead of a disc to remove the disc drive and going for a 500W power supply. You could also wait and try and pick up a 7870GHz edition graphics card for $150 but they are out of stock at the moment. Something like that for around $600 will be a solid PC.
Divided by night...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this a decent low budget build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived