This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 8 apps aren't connecting even though I have Internet

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 apps aren't connecting even though I have Internet

User Info: HarmonicWave

HarmonicWave
3 years ago#1
I mostly avoid using the Windows 8 apps, but I wanted to download 8.1 and the Microsoft Store app isn't connecting, it just gives me an error message about a possible server error or connection timeout. I tried another app or two and none of them can connect.

My regular browsers work fine from the desktop as does Steam, so my PC is connected to the Internet. I even tried turning off my security software just to make sure that wasn't a factor. I can't figure out why the apps aren't connecting.
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#2
I have the same problem, can't install anything from the Microsoft App Store... Not that I really wanted anything, I just figured I'd try netflix.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: HarmonicWave

HarmonicWave
3 years ago#3
I'm probably going to install Windows fresh when I get my new SSD next week, so that may fix the issue, but what if it still doesn't work? I want to figure out the cause.

My Internet works, the Win8 apps don't seem to notice.
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 apps aren't connecting even though I have Internet

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived