This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 8 apps aren't connecting even though I have Internet

#1HarmonicWavePosted 12/19/2013 11:53:43 PM
I mostly avoid using the Windows 8 apps, but I wanted to download 8.1 and the Microsoft Store app isn't connecting, it just gives me an error message about a possible server error or connection timeout. I tried another app or two and none of them can connect.

My regular browsers work fine from the desktop as does Steam, so my PC is connected to the Internet. I even tried turning off my security software just to make sure that wasn't a factor. I can't figure out why the apps aren't connecting.
---
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.
#2ClouddxPosted 12/20/2013 1:11:06 AM
I have the same problem, can't install anything from the Microsoft App Store... Not that I really wanted anything, I just figured I'd try netflix.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#3HarmonicWave(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 12:33:23 AM
I'm probably going to install Windows fresh when I get my new SSD next week, so that may fix the issue, but what if it still doesn't work? I want to figure out the cause.

My Internet works, the Win8 apps don't seem to notice.
---
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.