This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MGS revengence.

#11crawdadPosted 12/20/2013 11:07:34 AM
ZeraphLordS posted...
crawdad posted...
I want a second opinion about Me running it ok, not about mating while others suffer.

....please.

get back on the barbie

seriously though the min is a second gen 3.1/3.4 quad but i'm curious to see how this actually goes down because of how high it is

this topic is great

Pardon my ignorance, but Is mine 1st or 2nd Gen Quad?

I guess I'm just curious/worried about how close it is for me to need to upgrade.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#12PhilOnDezPosted 12/20/2013 11:27:47 AM(edited)
What resolution is your laptop? Because I'd be extremely surprised if you couldn't run it at low/720p/0 AA. The game ran fine on the 360 and that has a 3.3ghz triple core with awful, awful operations per cycle and your GPU is about 70% as powerful as a 450 with more ram (Though is it DDR3?). Those recommended specs just look overkill to the Nth degree and I have serious doubts it will run notably better on an i7 vs even a phenom ii.

E:
Pardon my ignorance, but Is mine 1st or 2nd Gen Quad?

He meant second gen i-series. Yours is an A10 which is made by AMD and thus doesn't fall into the same grouping. G1 would be Nehalem, G2 Sandy Bridge, 3 Ivy Bridge, 4 Haswell
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#13crawdadPosted 12/20/2013 11:41:41 AM
Mine's an Intel Bloomfield
---
#14thebladeofwoe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:00:44 PM
Tis a shame it wont run very well for me, as I really wanted to try a hack 'N' slash style game (not played one in a while).

Oh well, I may just grab DmC instead.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
Fc 3969-4396-9870
#15CM_MojicaPosted 12/20/2013 12:11:21 PM
thebladeofwoe posted...
Tis a shame it wont run very well for me, as I really wanted to try a hack 'N' slash style game (not played one in a while).

Don't
---
Hunter1534
#16PhilOnDezPosted 12/20/2013 12:26:14 PM
crawdad posted...

Oh whoops I thought you were the OP. No guarantees as it may be a godawful port but like I said, I'd be surprised if there was any sort of difference to a typical user (meaning desring a fairly steady 60 FPS) between the i7 3770 that's recommended and a 3+ ghz phenom ii x4 that falls way below recommended minimum. Its FPS was fine on the 360 and its processor is trash. So long as you have a decent GPU to back it up I can't imagine you having any problems.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#17TimePharaohPosted 12/20/2013 12:27:54 PM
thebladeofwoe posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...
You "should" be able to mate. While I suffer.

He should be able to mate while you suffer? What a bizarre thing to say.

Bizarre how? I answered his question did i not?

And then I added my own anecdote. Sorry.

I don't see how his ability to mate answers the question....
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#18Love_Me_SexyPosted 12/20/2013 12:36:45 PM
CM_Mojica posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...

Don't listen to me

Fixed
---
Intel 4670k\\MSI G45 + 760 4GB\\Kingston HyperX 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD\\Thermaltake 1200w PSU
PC Wishlist: 27" GSync, 4TB HDD, KB
#19crawdadPosted 12/20/2013 1:06:55 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
crawdad posted...

Oh whoops I thought you were the OP. No guarantees as it may be a godawful port but like I said, I'd be surprised if there was any sort of difference to a typical user (meaning desring a fairly steady 60 FPS) between the i7 3770 that's recommended and a 3+ ghz phenom ii x4 that falls way below recommended minimum. Its FPS was fine on the 360 and its processor is trash. So long as you have a decent GPU to back it up I can't imagine you having any problems.

Ah ok, thank you.

I thinkk most of the CPU usage is going to come from the Blade mode when you're chopping things into literal dozens of different pices, and the 360 defintiely chugged there. GPU wise I'm not worried, because like you said, even running it at native 1200p, and I might use FXAA and real AA if it handles it ok, I doubt my PC will have problems with that.

So i figured the CPU will play its part in the blade mode mostly hence the requirements.

But i guess like you said, it all comes down to how well the port is. if it's lazy and unoptimised, it won;t make a s*** of a difference what you have at the end of the day.

Thanks for the responses though :D you actually did help.
---
#20CM_MojicaPosted 12/20/2013 1:11:53 PM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
CM_Mojica posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...

Don't

Fixed

---
Hunter1534