This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to make sure I'm on the right track on my PC build - whats the next step?

#11AltmadragonPosted 12/20/2013 7:18:56 PM
http://youtu.be/d_56kyib-Ls
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#12FFG_HarnessPosted 12/20/2013 7:21:29 PM
Can you make a video of your CPU cooler moving? CPU cooler not being fitted properly can kill your CPU.
---
GT: FFG Harness
Steam: Harness
#13Springer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 7:28:22 PM
It doesn't move a lot. It just pivots a little. When I grab the piece by the heatsink it can twist a little back and forth, but nothing severe.
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#14wizardmonPosted 12/20/2013 7:34:52 PM(edited)
Springer posted...
It doesn't move a lot. It just pivots a little. When I grab the piece by the heatsink it can twist a little back and forth, but nothing severe.

That's normal for a 212, as long as it is not moving vertically it should be fine.

Springer posted...
wizardmon, This video isn't working for me.

Try a different browser, that video loads for me on Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and my Cellphone running Chrome for Android.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#15Springer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 7:36:30 PM
This motherboard manual doesn't help me because I don't understand.

"The four memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has two memory sockets as following:
-Channel A DDR3_4, DDR3_2
-Channel B DDR3_3, DDR3_1"

What does that mean?

And the manual doesn't say which PCI Express x16 slot to use first. It only identifies that that are indeed spots for a GPU.
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#16Springer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 7:03:03 AM
My 2x4 12v power connector for the CPU is too short - what do I do?
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#17Springer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 7:07:45 AM
Can i plug it in without running the cable to the backside and back through? In other words, can I just take the cable directly to the plugin?
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#18Springer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 9:38:00 AM
Do the SATA cables from the PSU go into the HDD and SSD or the motherboard? Does it matter which ones I plug in?
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#19ClouddxPosted 12/21/2013 9:41:28 AM(edited)
Guys guys, it's obv he can't read directions.

I mean this is the same guy that took a hacksaw to his case in order to get the mobo in.

Quote:Do the SATA cables from the PSU go into the HDD and SSD or the motherboard? Does it matter which ones I plug in?
@Springer
Seriously, watch a YouTube video.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#20ArkonBladePosted 12/21/2013 9:53:32 AM
You should have watched a few how to build a PC video's before you even started doing any thing to your PC.

secondly this isn't for every one but if you have a old pc laying around (which I did) I used it as a dummy practice build. I stripped it down and put it back together again. It was very good practice and since it was pretty much a worthless single core PC if I messed it up not like it was a loss.

I'd recommend any one new to building trying this since you can pretty much find old PC's like this for like $15 or even free. Good to get that experience in and feel more confident on what your doing before you start your real build.

The only real pain is hooking all the cables in. Though if you don't understand all this you need to watch more vids and learn more. you should have not attempted your build.

Youtube should have every thing you need to know because I learned how to build mine off of there.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade