This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Island Riptide

#1DarkshowersPosted 12/20/2013 8:03:35 AM
I see Dead Island Riptide on sale 75% for $7.49. The first one was just decent and should only be played with friends. Does anyone think the price could go lower on a flash sale? I'm thinking of getting it.
#2KabtheMentatPosted 12/20/2013 8:11:28 AM
75% is about the lowest things go. The only way the game would be less is if they dropped the price and took 75% off of that.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3Mystickay86Posted 12/20/2013 8:12:08 AM
It's the lowest it'll go during winter sale. Even if it's a flashsale, it'll still be the same price as it's daily deal.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#4Kokuei05Posted 12/20/2013 8:56:11 AM(edited)
Riptide isn't as good as the first one. Even with the same friends you had fun with.

I played half of the game during a free weekend with them. It was really stale.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#5MrFailPosted 12/20/2013 9:01:41 AM
I enjoyed it as much as the first one. Both are recommended with friends. It won't go lower than what it currently is though, at least not this sale. Maybe a few months down the line when the base price drops.

I would say it is easier and has more available gun play, so if you enjoyed the guns more than the melee, you are in for a treat.
#6MarceloSampaioPosted 12/20/2013 9:04:05 AM
I disagree that the first need friends to be enjoyable. The game is fun even in single player, and its actually more challenging that way.

The same could be said about the second.

I actually loved both, and even finished each two times already. Alone.

But indeed the first game is better, so if you didn't like the first, the second will not be any different for you.
---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...
#7Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 11:37:27 AM(edited)
Thanks guys. I bought the game and I'm looking to continue my character from the first game. I think Dead Island either the 1st game or Riptide was made for coop even if it is fun in single player. Borderlands is still much better. Again, the game is decent but is much better if you have friends to play with in coop.
#8TimePharaohPosted 12/20/2013 11:28:28 AM
Darkshowers posted...
it is fun in single player

wut
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#9CourtofOwlsPosted 12/20/2013 11:34:55 AM
i tried it during the free weekend they had for it a while ago,it was very glitchy and i uninstalled it after it crashed twice
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#10MarceloSampaioPosted 12/20/2013 12:47:12 PM
CourtofOwls posted...
i tried it during the free weekend they had for it a while ago,it was very glitchy and i uninstalled it after it crashed twice

Gee, I never had a single crash. Something may be wrong in your end, man.

There are some issues with excessive bloom and all, but the game (at least the most recent version) is actually quite stable.
---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...