This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Early Access games even warrant a sale on X-Mas?

#1Ivany2008Posted 12/20/2013 11:05:36 AM
I find it a bit strange that games that aren't even completed are even showing up on the steam sales.

Nether and Project Zomboid are both games that are getting sales, when the full game isn't even released yet. They aren't overly expensive to begin with(unlike other early access games like Planetary Annihilation)

Is steam just running out of new completed games to put on sale?
#2bsballa09Posted 12/20/2013 11:08:13 AM
So you're complaining about getting games for even cheaper?
---
If it wasn't for balla spouting bs over the years my post count would be way lower. It's not that serious - supergamerbret
#3xLexLuth0rxPosted 12/20/2013 11:20:25 AM
I just hope they put up Starbound so other people can enjoy this game and help it get even better.
---
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
"And like that, *poof*. He's gone."
#4GoIrish80Posted 12/20/2013 11:46:19 AM
Shouldn't those games warrant a sale MORE than others?

You're paying to play a game that isn't finished yet. I would say any discount is welcome.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#5dunebeetlePosted 12/20/2013 11:51:47 AM
I think the TC means that games that are finished should have priority on a front page deal, which I totally agree. Games that are unfinished shouldn't be on the front page as a daily or flash deal.
---
http://vimeo.com/22145707#
#6clowningPosted 12/20/2013 12:17:01 PM
I find it annoying when early access games are on the front page at all. There should be a tab that leads to all early access games. Outside of that tab, they should never be seen.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#7bsballa09Posted 12/20/2013 7:32:18 PM
clowning posted...
I find it annoying when early access games are on the front page at all. There should be a tab that leads to all early access games. Outside of that tab, they should never be seen.

Uh, there is an early access tab.
---
If it wasn't for balla spouting bs over the years my post count would be way lower. It's not that serious - supergamerbret
#8Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 2:54:41 AM
dunebeetle pretty much summarized what I meant.

Early Access games aren't finished products. They shouldn't be part of the steam sales as they are still in alpha/beta.
#9arleasPosted 12/21/2013 3:42:15 AM
Outside of that tab, they should never be seen.

Maybe they should make it an option for those people who are so bothered by it. Quite frankly I don't have a problem with it at all, and I'm amazed that other people have a problem with it.

I would totally understand if they were being deceptive about the nature of the game being unfinished, or if they were somehow charging you more than you expected to be charged, but nobody is forcing you to buy the game and the prices shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

The exception are those games where they were higher priced because kickstarter people were promised an exclusive beta, but in that case, just wait for the finished game. Some people want to be a part of the game development process. If you would prefer to be a passive consumer go back to buying from traditional AAA publishers.

If it REALLY bothers you, I bet you could make a greasemonkey script for firefox so that you could block all the nasty nasty Early Access games. You aren't required to use the Steam client to browse the store.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#10Omnipotent_CowPosted 12/21/2013 4:57:38 AM
I don't really mind them, but in the back of my head there is a voice telling me that they occupy the spot of a game I could have actually wanted.