This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leage of Legends or DOTA 2?

#11DaedalusExPosted 12/20/2013 12:09:10 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
The only thing better about dota2 is the way they handle champion stats. Also all their game information overlays. That's about it.

And the whole having more gameplay depth thing.
#12happyscrub1Posted 12/20/2013 12:12:40 PM
DaedalusEx posted...

And the whole having more gameplay depth thing.

That's a problem with dota2 and their community. A lot of what yal call "depth" is unneeded or tedious gameplay.

LoL, on the other hand, trimmed off the "fat" and streamlined the PvP experience.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#13Majoras_pantsPosted 12/20/2013 12:13:41 PM
DOTA 2 gives you all of the champions up front, has a higher skill cap and it generally more fun once you get into it. It has a much better community, too. If you don't know people playing either, start here, the community is much more helpful.

LoL is an easier game. It's still more competitive than most games and a higher skillcap than 99% of what's out there besides some RTS. It's a lot of fun, and there's a good chance you have some friends playing. But you'll be at a disadvantage until you unlock most champions, since the game has a lot to do with having a solid team composition and counter picking the enemy team, and you have to unlock champions with money or in game points that take a good long while to earn.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#14Majoras_pantsPosted 12/20/2013 12:15:47 PM
Also, there's nothing to stop you from downloading both and trying both. They're both good games, and both free.

Just don't buy anything in LoL until you've made up your mind about which you'd like to play.

I have everything unlocked (mostly from in game, I played a lot, b ut a small amount of money spent too) and barely play anymore. DOTA 2 is just better IMO. But unlike most of the DOTA community, I'm fine with LoL too, even if it's simple in comparison.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#15pokemanxPosted 12/20/2013 12:16:00 PM
DOTA 2 for the less toxic community.
---
Therefore I am....yes yes...
#16OmegaFlare18Posted 12/20/2013 12:23:27 PM
also I'd recommend Smite, same idea but camera is behind you and they update quite frequently
---
Steam ID: mystr_E
http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=Z11U9T0Q
#17Ork_HeroPosted 12/20/2013 12:36:08 PM
Dota 2 easily. LoL gates you and is kind of hard to get into once you reach 30. Runes take forever to grab if you also want to buy champions, and then you want to get more rune pages which take awhile to get as well. Unless you can play for more than two hours a day or fork over cash progress will be slow. Dota 2 gives you all the champions right from the get go
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#18DaedalusExPosted 12/20/2013 1:22:28 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
A lot of what yal call "depth" is unneeded or tedious gameplay.

And what are you referring to?
#19_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 12/20/2013 1:32:53 PM
I don't particularly enjoy either but if I am going to play one it's League just because it takes like 20 seconds to get in a game whereas with Dota I usually wait around 6 minutes.
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg
#20dermoratrakenPosted 12/20/2013 4:41:10 PM
I've never seen an unbiased person say lol is better overall. The ones that play league seem to do so because they already invested into it or prefer the more noob friendly action. Should be an easy choice if you're new.