This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question on comparing mechanical KB noise

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question on comparing mechanical KB noise
2 years ago#11
This Logitech G710+ has o-rings already under the keys. It's on sale at Best Buy for ~$120 plus tax:

Thats the one I was referring to, seemed to be a decent keyboard but its too large due to the stupid macro keys.

ended up getting a killer deal on a corsair k70 which IMO is the perfect size for a keyboard.

When looking at keyboards I see a lot of illuminated keyboards with complaints over the LEDs dying.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
2 years ago#12
Thanks for the advice, I'll see if my dad has some spare o rings lying around to try out otherwise I'll start looking at other keyboards like the corsair or logitech.

I know my keyboard is designed to have replaceable keys (at least for WASD) so it should be easy enough to try the rings outs.

Are there any specific types of rings I should be looking for e.g. washers, sizes, etc.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
2 years ago#13
I've heard of people using dental o-rings for braces. Some companies market o-rings for putting on mechanical keyboards. I guess they have different heights to set different key travel:

Amazon has them too with several reviews:

I thought different densities of rubber o-rings were available too, but my old bookmark expired. It might be fun to just try out whichever little o-ring you have laying around if they are small enough to fit.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question on comparing mechanical KB noise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived