This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your opinion on early access games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's your opinion on early access games?
3 years ago#1
What's your opinion on early access games? - Results (122 votes)
They're good. It give the devs money to help develope the game and we can help by saying what's needed in the game.
51.64% (63 votes)
They're bad. It keeps the game in a perpetual alpha/beta and is nothing but a cash grab.
48.36% (59 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Go.
If it wasn't for balla spouting bs over the years my post count would be way lower. It's not that serious - supergamerbret
3 years ago#2
I have no issues with them. When I buy one I know what I'm getting into.
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
3 years ago#3
I won't buy any more early access games and by the time they're officially released I've usually lost any hype I had for them.
3 years ago#4
How about in between? Good if done well, bad if not.
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
3 years ago#5
Knight2520 posted...
How about in between? Good if done well, bad if not.
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Not looking forward to any games now.
3 years ago#6
If you don't want early access just think of your purchase as a pre-order and just play it when they release the full version.
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
3 years ago#7
It's just another option for us and developers. Nothing is forcing either to use it. I like having the ability to choose. I have yet to buy an early access game but I'm all for it. Ideally, they'd have a separate area on the main page dedicated to them though.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
3 years ago#8
It depends. If its an indie game that I am interested in, I am happy to support them. I hope they use the money to further the game. If its a AAA title I expect a finished product. Unfortunately that is becoming less and less the case. Where developers used to be okay with delaying a game to perfect it they now release it early (usually under publisher demands) and fix it later. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Keeping this until Casey Mears wins his 2nd Nascar Cup race. 7/7/07
Yankees Fan. Jaguars Fan. Mark Sanchez Wannabe.
3 years ago#9
I miss free betas the most.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
3 years ago#10
DV8ingSources posted...
It's just another option for us and developers. Nothing is forcing either to use it. I like having the ability to choose. I have yet to buy an early access game but I'm all for it. Ideally, they'd have a separate area on the main page dedicated to them though.

^ Yes you did. Arma III was early access.
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's your opinion on early access games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived