This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 75% off. Should I go for it?

#1DRAGON07891230Posted 12/20/2013 8:21:32 PM
I have $10 left and it's on sale for $7.50. There are a few qualms I have though:
1) I hear it's pretty demanding. How well would a 7870 GHz run it?
2) My friends who have it said they liked it, but there was no replay value. The way they described it reminded me of the new Tomb Raider in that sense.\
3) I don't know when or if Battlefront 2 will go on sale for $2.50, and I've been looking to pick it up for a little while.

Any recommendations?
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh! (Unofficial Godhead of ESV boards)
#2PokenubPosted 12/20/2013 8:24:23 PM
On point 2, it's an open world game. So while replaying it may be annoying, messing around is still fun as heck, meaning there's little need to replay the game.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Not looking forward to any games now.
#3DiviDudePosted 12/20/2013 8:25:22 PM
You probably won't be able to play it at Ultra at full FPS, but medium or high you should be fine.

There isn't a ton of replay value, but it's a fairly long game anyway (especially if you're an OCD collector type) and you'll get your money's worth. And like Pokenub says, there's plenty of stuff to mess around with even if not playing any missions. It's easily worth $7.50.
#4Jprime666Posted 12/20/2013 8:28:06 PM
Pokenub posted...
On point 2, it's an open world game. So while replaying it may be annoying, messing around is still fun as heck, meaning there's little need to replay the game.

It might be an open world, but unlike Skyrim or GTA5 there isn't much to see or do in it.

That being said, it's a very fun game and definitely worth 7.50. My first playthrough was an absolute blast.
---
Get ready for Kanji Tatsumi to show his manhood to these chicks! - Kanji Tatsumi
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 12/20/2013 8:30:17 PM
well it definitely has content on its side. a 20-25hour sp, a 8-10hour coop campaign and fairly decent mp. Replay value comes down to how much you like the core gameplay cause it is possible to see and do everything the game has to offer in a single run tho that will take you a couple dozen hours.

performance wise you wont be maxing it, but you should get decent settings that perform well and wont look like ass.
---
Currently playing: Rogue Legacy - Tales of Xillia - Skyrim
#6DiviDudePosted 12/20/2013 8:34:13 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...
but you should get decent settings that perform well and wont look like ass.

FWIW I can say from experience that it looks pretty good on even lowest settings (assuming native resolution).
#7SnadadosPosted 12/20/2013 8:35:03 PM
It is a really good game.
It may not have much replayability but there is a lot of game there and easily worth $7.50.

Your 7870 will run it very well.
If you turn down a couple of the really demanding options a little you can very easily maintain 60 fps even when the action gets going.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#8Orestes417Posted 12/20/2013 8:36:10 PM
It's not a game for those lacking in imagination, as most of the fun comes from the variety of ways you can choose to do things
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#9DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/20/2013 8:42:48 PM
Orestes417 posted...
It's not a game for those lacking in imagination, as most of the fun comes from the variety of ways you can choose to do things

I swear so many people are missing this these days. Bioshock infinite for instance is the same sort of thing. You have a limited set of tools but you can approach situations with those tools in many different ways. That experimentation and self imposed challenge is what makes the freedom so much fun. Seems too many people want set pieces to line up perfectly every second and you just need to pass through what amounts to a complex QTE. If something is overpowered, stop abusing it if thats not fun for you.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#10DRAGON07891230(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 8:43:14 PM
I went ahead and bought it, thanks.
---
Posted using GameFlux