This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 75% off. Should I go for it?

#11calcyclePosted 12/20/2013 8:45:19 PM
Blood dragon is also worth it for the experience. It's shorter but features a lot of the same stuff only a lot cooler and awesome.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#12DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/20/2013 8:46:21 PM
calcycle posted...
Blood dragon is also worth it for the experience. It's shorter but features a lot of the same stuff only a lot cooler and awesome.

Hated the foggy red aesthetic though. Was still pretty kickass.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#13Jprime666Posted 12/20/2013 8:47:36 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
calcycle posted...

Hated the foggy red aesthetic though. Was still pretty kickass.

Obviously done so the consoles could maintain 25fps.
---
Get ready for Kanji Tatsumi to show his manhood to these chicks! - Kanji Tatsumi
#14DiviDudePosted 12/20/2013 8:48:03 PM
I liked Blood Dragon more than FC3, but I think playing it first would kinda ruin FC3 in some ways.
#15dermoratrakenPosted 12/20/2013 9:16:08 PM
I put 25 hours into it for 7.50. Definitely worth it regardless of replay value.
#16SienrurouniPosted 12/20/2013 9:32:38 PM
Definitely worth it, some of the most fun I had with a game last year. There's a lot to do and lots of different ways to do it, and the hunting and upgrade systems are a lot of fun. I missed them in Blood Dragon although they definitely wouldn't have fit in.

DV8ingSources posted...
Orestes417 posted...
It's not a game for those lacking in imagination, as most of the fun comes from the variety of ways you can choose to do things

I swear so many people are missing this these days. Bioshock infinite for instance is the same sort of thing. You have a limited set of tools but you can approach situations with those tools in many different ways. That experimentation and self imposed challenge is what makes the freedom so much fun. Seems too many people want set pieces to line up perfectly every second and you just need to pass through what amounts to a complex QTE. If something is overpowered, stop abusing it if thats not fun for you.

The big issue in Bioshock is that it doesn't encourage you to play around. Far Cry 3 gives you rewards and special abilities for and that allow you to do lots of different things, and it had a lot more freedom in general. In Bioshock you had salts limiting your playing around with your vigors, could only hold two weapons so you couldn't keep around the ones you don't normally use to play with and take advantage of in unique situations, and there was no reward for experimenting.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#17killkountPosted 12/20/2013 9:55:41 PM
Worth it for sure. Had a lot of fun playing through it the first time. Sorta lost interest after completing the story mode but to be fair, I'm not the 100% completionist type. Still a great game and experiencing everything the game has to offer for the first time is awesome.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#18overkillwfo1978Posted 12/20/2013 10:29:06 PM
A steal @ 7.50. I bought it at full price when it released and don't even regret that. I put 50+ hours into it and gave up just shy of 100% cuz I didn't care to do the little remaining stuff left at the end. Replay? Probably not, but stealth taking over enemy bases was worth the one playthrough...at $7.50, it's a no-brainer.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin