This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is bulletstorm worth it? 4.99

#11pothocketPosted 12/21/2013 9:34:58 AM(edited)
Gameplay is weak as hell and levels were designed as a coop game but it got cut very late in development. They just decided to leave it 'as-is' though and the pacing is really weird because of that.

A couple of funny parts but that's really all you're playing the game for. A one-and-done game that starts to get tedious before you're even half way through it.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12DragonRaizenPosted 12/21/2013 10:09:41 AM
pothocket posted...
Gameplay is weak as hell and levels were designed as a coop game but it got cut very late in development. They just decided to leave it 'as-is' though and the pacing is really weird because of that.

A couple of funny parts but that's really all you're playing the game for. A one-and-done game that starts to get tedious before you're even half way through it.

This person lacked the true spirit to appreciate the game.
And no, I don't mean this to criticize or start flaming. I just mean it as the people who complain about Minecraft lacking an objective: people who completely fail to get the point of the game.

It's a very enjoyable first person shooter that rewards experimenting. It's not supposed to be played as a cover-heavy first shooter. It's the kind of game in which you have a crazy idea(I'm going to pierce that guy with an explosive drill and guide the body to those electric wires right next to an explosive barrel I'll kick in his direction before blowing it all up). Then I'm going to shotgun the next guy in the balls, wrap a flail around his neck and kick him in the direction of his friends.

Case in point: just be creative. It's worth dying 5 times to see that crazy idea pay off.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#13OrgeLambartPosted 12/21/2013 10:40:29 AM
yes, and while you're at it buy me a copy :-D
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#14hyjinx17Posted 12/21/2013 10:58:50 AM
Yeah it's pretty fun

How much enjoyment you will get from it is how much you like wracking up points and getting up the leaderboards
#15pothocketPosted 12/21/2013 11:03:08 AM
DragonRaizen posted...
pothocket posted...

This person lacked the true spirit to appreciate the game.
And no, I don't mean this to criticize or start flaming. I just mean it as the people who complain about Minecraft lacking an objective: people who completely fail to get the point of the game.

It's a very enjoyable first person shooter that rewards experimenting. It's not supposed to be played as a cover-heavy first shooter. It's the kind of game in which you have a crazy idea(I'm going to pierce that guy with an explosive drill and guide the body to those electric wires right next to an explosive barrel I'll kick in his direction before blowing it all up). Then I'm going to shotgun the next guy in the balls, wrap a flail around his neck and kick him in the direction of his friends.

Case in point: just be creative. It's worth dying 5 times to see that crazy idea pay off.

I get the point of the gameplay, I just think it's very poorly executed. You can't really be creative when most of the variety is dependent on the environmental kills. On your own it's pretty much just leashing people back and forth while trying to shoot up their butt hole. No thanks.

If I want to execute crazy ideas and kill a group of enemies by planning and acting out my own combo... I'll just play Dishonored.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#16overkillwfo1978Posted 12/21/2013 11:03:56 AM
Just bought it because of this thread, along with Bioshock Infinite. $14.98 for both.

Steam is great. Gaben Christ. Amen.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#17Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 11:14:14 AM
I missed the sale :(
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.28
#18adam101Posted 12/21/2013 11:40:51 AM
A better question is "Is it worth the 5-10 hours?" With so many other great games out, I say no unless you really like crazy first-person shooters.
#19hyjinx17Posted 12/21/2013 11:44:58 AM
adam101 posted...
A better question is "Is it worth the 5-10 hours?" With so many other great games out, I say no unless you really like crazy first-person shooters.

5-10 hours may not be worth $60, but it is definitely worth $5
#20BuburibonPosted 12/21/2013 11:48:57 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
adam101 posted...

5-10 hours may not be worth $60, but it is definitely worth $5

I might be wrong, but I believe he was asking whether the game is worth 5 to 10 hours of your time.

Anyhow, I say yes to both. It's worth my time and money.
---
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz