This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skype being annoying

#1MountainPeakPosted 12/21/2013 6:02:40 PM
I've tried uninstalling it, waiting an hour for it to attempt to load, and a clean install - uninstalling/deleting all folders and everything.

Basically Skype will load up basically every conversation (even after the clean uninstall where it deletes everything) and make my computer almost crash. It will stop responding, and for me to do anything, even load up task manager, takes 10+ minutes.

Does anyone know how to fix this without using a different computer, since that's not really an option. And stop using it isn't an option because everyone I know and talk too uses skype.
---
Rawr
#2shdwdrgnixPosted 12/21/2013 6:08:31 PM
clear out chat history in your options
#3MountainPeak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 6:12:37 PM
shdwdrgnix posted...

Skype literally lets me do nothing on this computer, and I've deleted all the folders and things that had my chat logs, but it still loads them.
---
Rawr
#4shdwdrgnixPosted 12/21/2013 6:21:53 PM
MountainPeak posted...
shdwdrgnix posted...

Skype literally lets me do nothing on this computer, and I've deleted all the folders and things that had my chat logs, but it still loads them.

did you try revo uninstaller to get rid of everything related to skype in the registry. Otherwise I believe chat logs are tied to an account and could only be erased in skype
#5MountainPeak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 8:13:41 PM
I managed to eventually erase all the chat logs, and it worked for about 5 minutes... Then did the same stupid crap, without the old messages popping up. Blegh. I'd see if it did the same thing on another comp, but my brother has yet to get off.
---
Rawr
#6Hunter_mkPosted 12/21/2013 9:04:34 PM
funny, it was doing the same for me yesterday, but today is working normally, Skype is stupid
---
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013
#7MountainPeak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2013 4:50:34 PM
Still doesn't work, but I've noticed that whenever it starts being stupid it makes a sound like it does whenever you download something, which is weird.

And in the processes on Task Manager it uses like 99 CPU and 262,998 k memory. :I
---
Rawr
#8MountainPeak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2013 5:10:08 PM
I fixed it ~ Kind of. Well, not really fixed.

But, I uninstalled and installed an older version. Had to turn off automatic updates.
---
Rawr