This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best way to uninstall games that don't seem to have an 'uninstall' option.

#1Justice98405Posted 12/21/2013 11:27:03 PM
I'm more of a console gamer, so bear with my ignorance here please.

Some of these games are EA through Origin, and with Steam, you can pick a 'delete local files' option, and then re-download that stuff anytime you want. Is that the same with these Origin games, like SWOTOR, Sims 3 and so on? I want to free up space, but I want to make sure I won't have a problem re-downloading them in the future.

Diablo 3 also doesn't seem to have an uninstaller anywhere, and various other games. In those cases, is it alright to just delete the folders directly, knowing that I might lose any saves forever? (unless I find those and back them up, of course)
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2El_KazPosted 12/21/2013 11:30:47 PM
Justice98405 posted...
In those cases, is it alright to just delete the folders directly

No.
Control panel -> Programs and Features -> Diablo 3 -> Uninstall
Then you can delete the folder to clear what's remaining.
---
Wait... what?
#3Master_BassPosted 12/21/2013 11:30:57 PM
For Origin, right click on the game's picture and pick uninstall. You'll be able to reinstall it anytime you want later.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#4electroflamePosted 12/21/2013 11:31:59 PM
Format and reinstall OS.

Seriously, though, deleting the game's folder should generally be enough. There might be saves or configuration files in some other folder (and some registry entries...) but it shouldn't matter too much.

If you're keeping saves, then I'd Google where that particular game saves its data.
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#5Reinhart_xPosted 12/21/2013 11:36:35 PM
I always use Revo Uninstaller, even on programs that have installers/uninstallers. It can uninstall as deep as you want, right down to any registry files there might have been created. It's free too :)
#6Termin8rPosted 12/22/2013 12:11:30 AM
I think Your Uninstaller is better though. It loads way faster and has a quick-uninstall that does everything for you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e6zStfw.gif