This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good stress free pc games out right now?

#41rusty12000Posted 12/22/2013 9:32:04 AM
minecraft
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#42KojaxFXPosted 12/22/2013 9:37:46 AM
Civ 5, Bioshock 1 2 3 (they aren't stressful just good story, only stressful on hard), worms. Starcraft 2 arcade games can be fun. Sims 3, Sim city.
---
Currently playing: GTA V like every other gamer lol
#43JonWood007Posted 12/22/2013 9:43:01 AM
Ravenoussd posted...
MrMonkhouse posted...
So... Civ V is not recommended?

kinda-ish

for me it begins rather stress free....................dot dot....dot.......but at the 'end' or mid-end game...i start the hair pulling...because I am not very good at Civ....but he may, or others may so not for me, it may for him, and it may for you.....

Unless you're playing on hard civ is easy IMO. I don't always win, but at the very least I can defend myself from attack rather easily.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#44Zmapper33Posted 12/22/2013 9:50:59 AM
I'd recommend EverQuest 1 or EverQuest 2, hear me out. The games are somewhat old, but due to this the community is just laid back and play the game because they love it. Now if you take community element out of it it's still a relaxing game. The created world is full of lore and is fun to explore and due to the age of it there really isn't many people around, but once in awhile there will be. To have this massive world to explore, an mmo size, that you can explore at your own leisure (no racing to level or find the best gear because they're old games and it doesn't really matter) while knocking into the occasional friendly player passing through that will most likely be all for grouping up and helping/exploring/chatting with you is relaxing. Now I'm not recommending getting into the game and working your way up to max level and joining raid groups, no, I'm suggesting a couple hours here and there to just explore whenever you feel like stress free gaming.

While playing at these low levels try to think of the hundreds of thousands of people that have been through the gates to freeport, the moats of cabilis, the halls of neriak, or wherever you happen to be. Hundreds of thousands of people playing and getting joy from the game over the years, racing to level, racing to find the best gear, racing to uncover more lore, and there you are alone years later taking it all in for the first time like visiting a historical landmark, an era gone by, with no such worries or stresses that past players had. You're just playing it to take it all in at your own pace anyway you want, maybe even for just a few minutes at a time, but I assure you it will be stress free.
#45SpideyknightPosted 12/22/2013 10:06:25 AM
Skyrim, modded. Also BG2 enhanced edition, with mods any issues are fixed and it's had over 13 years of mods being made for it.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#46Mario_VS_DKPosted 12/22/2013 10:28:01 AM
I just started playing Eve Online yesterday, and I dunno if it changes once you get farther into the game, but so far it seems like a very laid back casual game. Not at all stressful.
---
This guy is almost always sometimes right.
#47OshtoppPosted 12/22/2013 10:29:16 AM
Terraria is a good stress free game as well. Like a 2D Minecraft. Its a great game for the very distracted because its easy to wander off digging freaking holes and completely forget about what your original goals were. There is no story line arch, and really no end game goal. There is only like a handful of boss like events to fight but that's pretty much under your control of when and where. Cheap game too. Steam sometimes has it on sale for 2 to 3 bucks. At that price you couldn't afford not to buy it.
#48Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/22/2013 10:51:52 AM
Euro truck is probably the most zen game ever. You just drive around looking at the countryside while listening to euro internet radio
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#49Fierce_Deity_08Posted 12/22/2013 11:00:00 AM
I usually play The Sims (first one) Deluxe Edition. Invite your Sim's neighbors over and watch them drown in the pool, block in one away from the others and watch them suffer. I would never do this kind of thing in real life however.
---
With a roar of thunder and crash of lightning, I am Fierce Deity!
Hyrule Dream Address: 4000-3218-6273/ GT: OnikaraStar
#50GarquillPosted 12/22/2013 11:06:37 AM
http://ninjakiwi.com/Francais/Games/Tower-Defense/Play/Bloons-Tower-Defense-5.html#.UrcpzrSQSCo

The Void
To The Moon
Dear Esther
Trine
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein