This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a new gaming mouse.......

#31KamenRiderBladePosted 12/23/2013 8:15:07 PM
wwarren19 posted...
KamenRiderBlade posted...
wwarren19 posted...
Omegachaos87 posted...
I use a Logitech G700. It has enough buttons on it for most MMORPGs, and they're hard to miss click. I really like the scroll wheel on it too. Its got good software support, and you can setup macros, like if you frequently use a combination of skills consecutively in a game, you can set those up to work with a single click.

AGREE

Except the Logitech G700 has horrid battery life.

Logitech G602 solves that and is cheaper, and has more than enough features for most people.

Yeah the battery life is terrible. i just leave mine wired. but everything else is great.

What's the point of a wireless mouse if you leave it wired, you might as well have gotten a good wired mouse.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#32Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 12/23/2013 8:22:04 PM(edited)
wwarren19 posted...
that's a nice mouse you got there "mate". Onn Optical mouse? not familiar with that. whats the MAX dpi on that bad boy.........500, 600?

I don't know and I don't care. That was kind of the /entire/ point of my post.

@KamenRiderBlade That has more buttons on one side than I wanted on the entire mouse. >__> Did you even read my post? Plus, mine cost like ten bucks I think.

I'm sure you're all laughing at me, but I'm sitting here enjoying my 4-year-old five dollar mouse that still works perfectly. *shrug*
---
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - Any platform, any genre! Love games? So do we.
#33PraetorXynPosted 12/23/2013 8:24:26 PM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
wwarren19 posted...
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
I've never understood gaming mouses. My mate has one with an ungodly amount of buttons (which I am constantly hitting erroneously) and a collection of interchangeable weights to adjust the overall weight of the mouse. I don't know, maybe if I used it a bunch I'd start to like it, but the few times I've played with it I just fumble around like an idiot.

This is literally the mouse I use (and have used for, oh, 4 years now?)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-Optical-Mouse/16794997

To be fair, I wouldn't mind a mouse with one or MAYBE two more buttons. One for melee attacks and one for grenades, that'd admittedly be nice to have handy on my right hand. But a mouse with 10+ buttons? Oh my God no thank you.

that's a nice mouse you got there "mate". Onn Optical mouse? not familiar with that. whats the MAX dpi on that bad boy.........500, 600?

Standard cheapo mice have 800 DPI

Which anyone who's actually good at accuracy-intensive things is probably using less than that.

For ergonomic paml grip, there's really nothing better than the G400S. Flawless sensor, great feel, and it won't break on you like the DeathAdder.

Anyone who recommends a laser mouse really has no idea what makes a mouse good (i.e., the sensor).
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#34somebadlemonadePosted 12/23/2013 8:33:34 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Anyone who recommends a laser mouse really has no idea what makes a mouse good (i.e., the sensor).

or thinks the feature set is more important than inherent 5% acceleration. . .
yea laser mice don't work on as many surfaces as optical, but past those two things top sensors of either wouldn't present a problem

that 5% acceleration is only a problem for people that use their whole arm instead of just their wrist or fingertips which inherently use higher dpi which pretty much negate all problems dealing with acceleration

you should really read up on the stuff your are preaching about, it's like having a rabbi doing an easter mass
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#35KamenRiderBladePosted 12/23/2013 8:41:23 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
wwarren19 posted...

I don't know and I don't care. That was kind of the /entire/ point of my post.

@KamenRiderBlade That has more buttons on one side than I wanted on the entire mouse. >__> Did you even read my post? Plus, mine cost like ten bucks I think.

I'm sure you're all laughing at me, but I'm sitting here enjoying my 4-year-old five dollar mouse that still works perfectly. *shrug*

It has 11 buttons in total.

The primary Left / Right click will never be changed since everybody uses that. 9 buttons left
The mouse button would never be changed since everybody uses that button. 8 buttons left
The two index buttons near the Left mouse wheel is programmable, along with the 6 side buttons.
The rear two buttons are not easily reachable so it would be left for things like DPI swap or button mapping change.

Ergo you only really have 6 buttons you would program and the rest of the buttons would be left unchanged.

It's not very complicated.

I have a Logitech G600 that I myself use as my daily mouse.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

If you want to talk about lots of buttons, this is the mouse to talk about.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#36BogePosted 12/23/2013 8:49:21 PM
Been using a G400s the past month. I really like it. I'm missing the free scroll option from the G500 though.
---
And so he prophesied that the sheeple will follow the stupid, and the stupid will rule the Earth.
#37somebadlemonadePosted 12/23/2013 8:57:02 PM
i have a g602, i leave the bottom row of thumb buttons the same just a different order
at least for the default profile
so it's battery level, forward, back
top is media button next track, play/pause, f5

i don't notice any lag with my mouse 2-4 feet from the receiver, lag becomes noticeable at around 6-8 feet, and unusable after 12, well for me at least and only only tried it once so i don't know if it was a fluke because i was still getting used to the mouse

i personally love having the side buttons, it takes a bit of getting used to how thin they are, but it's easy to tell which one you're pressing at least
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#38HawtTunaPosted 12/24/2013 12:56:57 AM
Just switched to a Zowie AM-FG. Love it.
---
nighting13 - Wait.....are you answering your own question?
#39_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/24/2013 2:15:31 AM
I use the Zowie FK.
+Simple ambidextrous shape
+Light
+I like the way the buttons feel and the location of the buttons
+Good scroll wheel
+Good optical sensor without prediction, acceleration, angle snapping and with a low lift off distance and high max tracking speed
+No drivers

-Rubberized surface material feels kind of slippery
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H