This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sudden performance issues.

#1Excaliber010Posted 12/22/2013 3:05:04 PM
Ok so recently my PC has been acting weird. Like slow weird. Suddenly I can't play videos on YouTube 100% smoothly like I could before. At first I thought it was just a bad connection so I decided to try lower quality vids instead of the 720p I always use, but it's still laggy and choppy. Even on 360p. The family PC in the living room is fine of course so I doubt its some kind of connection thing.

Also I can play any video on YouTube on my Vita and it runs it beautifully. I'm also noticing some FPS issues with games. I have always known to not have anything run in the background when playing games but sometimes I leave the Stat Tracker for my fantasy football league in the background while I play Terraria and I couldn't even enjoy it because of how laggy it was.

And Terraria NEVER does that I play that 100% smoothly all the time. Even with Stat Tracker on. Also Sonic and All Stars Racing: Transformed I've noticed some FPS dips that haven't happened before either.

Honestly it's the videos that really annoy me atm. But if there's something simple that I can do to clean up my PC I'd greatly appreciate it.
---
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...
#2EternalFlame66Posted 12/22/2013 3:12:19 PM
which browser do you use?
---
Such is your fate.
#3Excaliber010(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2013 3:20:46 PM(edited)
I use Google Chrome. I also use the Turn Off the LIghts extension for videos. Idk if that matters though.

Edit: Ok now I'm worried I got a virus because I just played Terraria again and it's not smooth anymore. Got quite a bit of lag. Wtf is going on...
---
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...
#4EternalFlame66Posted 12/22/2013 3:33:51 PM
disable the extension, and clear the browser cache.
---
Such is your fate.