This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTF. Why would somebody gain access to my Origin account...

#1CardigansFanPosted 12/23/2013 1:22:59 AM(edited)
...to purchase Fifa 14 and a whole bunch of points? They're tied to my account now, aren't they?

I've already changed my password (and I'm going to change it to something more secure again) and I'm in the process of calling my card company to take care of the charges.

I don't even know how that happened. I can't remember the last time I even used my Origin account, haven't been to sketchy sites and don't have a keylogger or whatever AFAIK, etc...
---
Galaxy Note 3 * 3DS XL
NX300 * VModa M80
#2jamoke57Posted 12/23/2013 1:28:52 AM
Same thing happened to me last night. I'm just glad I didn't have my card bound to my account. Some russian guy accessed my account and i had to contact support to change everything back into English. I also had to purge my friends list, because the guy added a bunch of russians.
---
Steam ID- jamoke57
#3WyzeGyePosted 12/23/2013 1:30:53 AM
It's only logical that we ban Fifa games... bunch of criminals in that community.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#4CardigansFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 1:49:07 AM(edited)
Of course, now I learn Origin has login verification available.

._.

EDIT:
Well that blows. My bank couldn't just stop the charges, they have to send me a new card/number...which blows, since I've had it for like five years and memorized it. So because of this a******, I have to memorize a new CC number.
---
Galaxy Note 3 * 3DS XL
NX300 * VModa M80
#5MrApplePosted 12/23/2013 2:50:13 AM
this was a scam that was done on xbox live a ton a while back. i forget why was this fifa game exactly but part of the reason why is that its low risk compared to most crimes.
---
…../|,-‘`ŻŻ`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` Ż : o : : :o `-, …. Believing in a sign of Zeta
#6CardigansFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 3:35:05 AM
MrApple posted...
this was a scam that was done on xbox live a ton a while back. i forget why was this fifa game exactly but part of the reason why is that its low risk compared to most crimes.

But...what is he going to do with a digital copy of a game tied to one account (that I'm obviously going to find out about)? Not like he can buy it to gift it or something, and I'm guessing same goes for the points.
---
Galaxy Note 3 * 3DS XL
NX300 * VModa M80
#7SienrurouniPosted 12/23/2013 3:43:36 AM
CardigansFan posted...
MrApple posted...

But...what is he going to do with a digital copy of a game tied to one account (that I'm obviously going to find out about)? Not like he can buy it to gift it or something, and I'm guessing same goes for the points.

With Xbox Live they would sell the accounts so that someone could use the points and have games tied to their xbox without having to use that account again. I can't imagine why they would do it with Origin though.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#8OrgeLambartPosted 12/23/2013 6:14:24 AM
It has to do with the soccer cards you can buy in game, they buy loads of cards, then trade them to another account, and then sell the good cards on sites like Ebay. The actual game Fifa doesn't matter, it's just those cards seem to sell like hotcakes.

I don't know if it works that way on Origin, I'll assume they have the cards on that game as well. I suspect they didn't just buy origin but also bought some of the card packs as well.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#9Majoras_pantsPosted 12/23/2013 7:33:11 AM
I hacked a bunch of accounts and bought games for you.

Marry Christmas.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#10rusty12000Posted 12/23/2013 7:42:05 AM
This is why you NEVER GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO TO EA

Use paypal at the very least.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM