This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone got Zelda clones on steam

#31AnimorganimatePosted 12/24/2013 10:16:52 AM(edited)
DaedalusEx posted...
Lordrv posted...
Binding of Isaac isn't anything even remotely like Zelda other than the map system. I don't get how people say that.

I feel the same way about Darksiders. It's DMC combat with a DMC upgrade system in a DMC structured game in a DMC-themed world. Oh, but it has a hookshot and puzzles, so it must be a Zelda clone!

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's obvious you either haven't played through Darksiders (the original, not the sequel); or you're not very observant; or you're just a troll. Either way, you're wrong.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#32wentzelotPosted 12/24/2013 10:18:05 AM
Animorganimate posted...
Darksiders 1 is the best Zelda clone I've ever played, and I actually enjoy it much more then any of the recent Zeldas.

lmao i love when pc gamers try to pretend their nintendo clones are better than the real thing to justify their not owning a current nintendo console
#33jake-sfPosted 12/24/2013 10:24:08 AM(edited)
The only thing that is remotely close to Zelda is Darksiders. Anyone naming Ys or Binding of Isaac as a Zelda clone needs to be slapped in the face. Its not an opinion, you're just wrong. (and I do love Ys)

Darksiders is still quite a bit off and has too much beat-em up in it, making it a far worse game (nothing worse to me than a beat 'em up with enemies that take forever to kill and combat being so stupidly shallow). It also handled its dungeons and overall challenges far less interestingly than any Zelda games, but overall, it can be considered in the same genre as Zelda (note that only the first one qualifies).

The "Zelda" & "Metroid" way of making games is literally my favorites, but they are next to non-existant, especially on PC, and don't even dare prefer 3D games like those (which I do, which is why I hate gaming, because you'll find none of those).
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#34Ork_HeroPosted 12/24/2013 10:31:47 AM
wentzelot posted...
Animorganimate posted...
Darksiders 1 is the best Zelda clone I've ever played, and I actually enjoy it much more then any of the recent Zeldas.

lmao i love when pc gamers try to pretend their nintendo clones are better than the real thing to justify their not owning a current nintendo console

Yeah it's not like Darksiders was on consoles or anything.
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#35SlaynPosted 12/24/2013 10:38:52 AM
Ork_Hero posted...
wentzelot posted...
Animorganimate posted...

Or that I could spend $2000 on building a PC, bu not own a 3ds and/or Wii U...
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#36Ork_HeroPosted 12/24/2013 10:45:33 AM
Slayn posted...
Ork_Hero posted...
wentzelot posted...
Animorganimate posted...

Or that I could spend $2000 on buying an Alienware, bu not own a 3ds and/or Wii U...

---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#37dementedlullabyPosted 12/24/2013 10:58:24 AM
Andoyne had a Zelda like vibe going.

Ys series has some elements that fit the profile but is still really it's own series.

Darksiders 1 is a little like the 3D Zelda games.

Those are the only good ones I'd recommend.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#38DaedalusExPosted 12/24/2013 11:05:00 AM(edited)
Animorganimate posted...
I'm not trying to be mean, but it's obvious you either haven't played through Darksiders (the original, not the sequel); or you're not very observant; or you're just a troll. Either way, you're wrong.

I didn't beat it, but I played for about 10 hours, and at no point during that time did I feel like I was playing a Zelda game. I did feel like I was playing a DMC game, however, pretty much the whole time. This coming from someone who has beaten most of the Zeldas and DMCs.

I acknowledge that the game could radically change after those 10 hours and shift more towards being a Zelda clone, but short of that I'd say the ones lacking observational skills are those who think Darksiders bears any significant resemblance to Zelda.

To be clear, I'm not saying Darksiders is a bad game or anything. It's just that I would recommend it to someone looking for a game like DMC, not Zelda.
#39TransdudePosted 12/24/2013 11:57:10 AM
Ittle Dew is the closest you'll get to an actual Zelda game because it actually was brought to Nintendo as the next Zelda game, but Nintendo didn't like the idea and told the devs that they can still release it as their own game but not as a Zelda game.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#40BigTlovesBEER(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 5:19:07 AM
jake-sf posted...
The only thing that is remotely close to Zelda is Darksiders. Anyone naming Ys or Binding of Isaac as a Zelda clone needs to be slapped in the face. Its not an opinion, you're just wrong. (and I do love Ys.

"Zelda clone" is a genre in it's own. Many people, like you apparently, don't pay attention to it. That's fine. But those that do know a Zelda clone when they see it. Binding of Issac is in this genre. is it a horrific ripoff of Zelda that did nothing original of it's own? OF course not. No one is saying that. It's a great game in it's own right. But it's part of the "Zelda clone" genre. Zelda clones are a subgenre, like "metroidvania style platformers". I wouldn't sit here and say theres thousands of Zelda clones, but they do exist.