This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My front panel won't work right. Any advice?

#1VRFTWPosted 12/23/2013 6:06:39 PM
I built a gaming PC this August, but with literally no experience on anything PC related. That being the case, I still have no real knowledge of how anything PC works, so sorry if this ends up being a dumb question.

I attempted to turn my PC on just now using the power button on the front panel, and it wasn't having it. I could see the power button on my mobo was lit up, so I knew it wasn't a power issue. I unplugged the USB mouse and keyboard to open it up and hit the button manually, and it powered up. I plugged the m/k back in, and they no longer worked (the ports are on the front panel too). Oddly enough, the reset button still worked, and upon hitting it while the m/k were still plugged in, they worked as well. Well, the power button still wasn't having any of it, so I decided to leave the case open... then I realized I had no idea what I was looking for. Any ideas?

Again, sorry if this is a lame help topic, but I'm still rather under experienced with computers. Thanks for any help.

P.S: Nothing was changed from the previous day when it worked fine. Hadn't even been moved an inch. The most recent change was that I added a little speaker system... the big center box is placed against the side of the tower of that means anything.
---
This topic is relevant to my interests. As long as it's not MY family, I'm okay with incest. *Guy pose* - KyuubiChris
#2Bazooka_PenguinPosted 12/23/2013 6:10:43 PM
Did you check the motherboard to see if everything is wired correctly for the front panel?
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#3VRFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 6:12:03 PM
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
Did you check the motherboard to see if everything is wired correctly for the front panel?

It's the same as it has been since August, and it worked well up until today.
---
This topic is relevant to my interests. As long as it's not MY family, I'm okay with incest. *Guy pose* - KyuubiChris
#4VRFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 6:30:20 PM
Bump.
---
#5VRFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 7:37:42 PM
Last bump effort.
---
#6BendoHendoPosted 12/23/2013 10:13:43 PM
Maybe try unplugging and replugging them into the pins. Then if that doesn't work, maybe try reinstalling the latest chipset drivers and flashing the bios.

If that doesn't work, you might have a faulty motherboard.

--