This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good headset Companies

#1MasterEchuPosted 12/23/2013 6:52:07 PM
simple question here with some background. I recently, after 7 months of using my logtek G930 headset, had the entire microphone amr snap because it got some light pressure placed on it. It appears to be far too thin for an epoxy(I've tried, everyone is correct), and the more I look into it, the more I see Logitek was so cheap in it's hardware design, that this set had four points that all break so commonly, that the average life cycle for this headset if 4-6 months.

Regardless of quality, this right now is the -only- means I have of getting sound, and I do not want to keep sending this in and losing all sound for a week, because someone didn't know how to put an extra half inch of plastic on a major stress point, or how to reinforce the architecture of the charging port(which also has an easy break). That being said, I'm honestly thinking it would be a wise idea to cut my losses, get a new headset, then sell the replacement I -will- be getting from logitek.

With that being said, anyone have suggested companies? I hear good things from turtle beach but my experience with them previously painted them out to be sell-outs to Sony(clearing using their 'we need every little thing about you for support as well). The latest in the astro line I have seen nothing but bad reviews on, particularly with it's mic, and logitek is kind of out at the moment.

I'm thinking of going a bit cheaper as I really dont need the big volume controls or any massive noise canceling. But I am looking for something with basic noise canceling, a good microphone attachment, and a strong architecture that wont have me sending in my $150 set back for replacements all the time. I have no qualms with wired but I prefer wireless if that's possible.

I'll be looking in the meantime but thanks in advance for any suggestions
---
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
Yes my spelling stinks, quiet!
#2MasterEchu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 7:34:48 PM
Bump, looking for at leats one answer before I'm in the back list
---
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
#3PraetorXynPosted 12/23/2013 7:39:25 PM
Headsets are all by and large garbage. What you really want are quality headphones and a separate microphone.

That being said, if you MUST have a headset, I've heard the Skullcandy PLYR 1 has decent audio quality.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#4KaushadPosted 12/23/2013 7:42:10 PM
if you have to get a headset, the sennheiser PC 360 is the only decent option.

alternately, get a 140 dollar pair of headphones and a 10 dollar mic
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#5MasterEchu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 7:51:11 PM
Kaushad posted...
if you have to get a headset, the sennheiser PC 360 is the only decent option.

alternately, get a 140 dollar pair of headphones and a 10 dollar mic

It's not as much a "have" to, its more of a, is there even a choice. Everywhere I look I find omni-direction microphones that are more for podcasting/recording, and pick up huge strains of background noise and difficult to get close to the user for more sensitive work. But hey if you cna find a good mic that would pick up only my voice and leave my desk empty enough to work in, go for it.
---
#6Dark973Posted 12/23/2013 7:53:11 PM
Look up the modmic. I got it and some senn 598s. Love them both
#7wizardmonPosted 12/23/2013 8:18:32 PM
The G35 has outstanding microphone quality, however, only average audio quality. Only purchase it if you can find it at 50 - 60USD$. Additionally, the 'pleather' will eventually flake off but it doesn't feel any different once this is all peeled off.

I actually believe the 20$ monoprice DJ headphones are better than them in sound quality.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#8MasterEchu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 8:49:37 PM
last dump for the night
---
#9Crimson_JesusPosted 12/23/2013 8:53:08 PM
get good headphones

get this mic:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OO333Q/

use it in cardioid mode
---
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg
#10Kokuei05Posted 12/23/2013 9:06:53 PM
If you must get a headset. Purchase only from Sennheiser. The Microsoft LX-3000 is also good if you want a good mic over good sound.

It's ideal if you don't go headset though. I use a $2 clip-on mic taped to my table for the last 4-5 years. Works great.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk