This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complaints about the Steam Sale

#11DiviDudePosted 12/23/2013 7:42:36 PM
Loshadt posted...
the only thing that pissed me off are the community votes

Man, I was so ready to buy "Brothers", too. But nooooooooooooooooooo
#12KidInTheHallPosted 12/23/2013 7:46:33 PM
DV8 told me to tell Lemur I'd lick his pooter and now I'm blocked from his friends list.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#13BuburibonPosted 12/23/2013 7:52:07 PM
DiviDude posted...
Loshadt posted...
the only thing that pissed me off are the community votes

Man, I was so ready to buy "Brothers", too. But nooooooooooooooooooo

I thought it was going to win easily, but then I remembered that it requires a gamepad on PC, and you know that's just blasphemy for some of the purists out there. Still, I believe we'll see it again before the sale ends.
---
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz
#14arleasPosted 12/23/2013 9:19:57 PM
I've definitely noticed that the big BIG names aren't as prominent on the front pages of the sales this year... you know what would be cool? IF there was a site that could keep track of all the sales, what flash sales there were, what the prices/percentages were etc.

Otherwise most of my problem is that I already have everything I want, and I also feel like they split things up with the "Autumn sale" so close to the winter one. I think my favorite sales are the ones where you're encouraged to play games for extra goodies (even if it's just a skin or a map or something for a game).

This year you can earn some extra crap, but it's all for games I don't care about. :I

At least I can sell it on the market
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#15monkmithPosted 12/23/2013 10:18:50 PM
arleas posted...
I've definitely noticed that the big BIG names aren't as prominent on the front pages of the sales this year... you know what would be cool? IF there was a site that could keep track of all the sales, what flash sales there were, what the prices/percentages were etc.

Otherwise most of my problem is that I already have everything I want, and I also feel like they split things up with the "Autumn sale" so close to the winter one. I think my favorite sales are the ones where you're encouraged to play games for extra goodies (even if it's just a skin or a map or something for a game).

This year you can earn some extra crap, but it's all for games I don't care about. :I

At least I can sell it on the market

what do you consider a big name, because i see elder scrolls, splinter cell, boarderlands 2, max payne 3, dragon age, witcher 2, and tomb raider on sale on the front page.

the truth of the matter is the sales aren't meant to target the hard core pc gamer, its for the people who only game casually on the pc or are just starting. they aren't going to have huge sales on brand new games, but they have been having sales on top tier slightly older games.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#16-CJF-Posted 12/23/2013 10:23:31 PM
Idk, I think the people complaining are those who already have most of what they want. I have a lot of games on Steam but combined with the Amazon sale there has been more games on sale that I want than I have the money to buy.
#17old_school227Posted 12/23/2013 10:24:07 PM
Reinsol70 posted...
many of the flash sales are extremely cheap prices on games that were already dirt-cheap to begin with, not to mention sort of niche. (You Don't Know Jack Collection?)

You didn't buy the YDKJ collection? whats wrong with you?
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#18Reinsol70(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 3:28:07 AM
arleas posted...

Not sure if it updates with Steams flash sales, but you might wanna check-out CheapShark.com. The site's always done a pretty great job of showing me what's on sale, where and for how much. It also allows you to limit search by service as well as AAA and Steamworks titles. </praise>

old_school227 posted...
You didn't buy the YDKJ collection? whats wrong with you?

I sort of burnt myself out on that "party game," ages ago. Not even sure if it would be relevant anymore.
#19MaDHatPosted 12/24/2013 4:54:11 AM
I have no complaints so far... unlike the summer sale. I picked up Skyrim LE, trine 2 and dragon age ultimate so far and I feel I got a good deal on them so I am happy.
#20kingoffpsPosted 12/24/2013 6:12:41 AM
Bound to happen eventually.

4 or 5 or massive sales a year with dozens of popular games going for virtually nothing each time.

Average person sees a few new games that they want get released each year (this year it has been maybe 6 games for me).

Eventually even the biggest of hoarders have bought everything from the past that they want and then are waiting only on new releases, which are slow in comparison.

I.e. the sales are too often and then everyone has everything they want. People who have been doing this since Steam started going mental (like 2008 was it?) have nothing left to buy.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...