This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No one plays altitude...... :(

#1Carbon_DeoxxysPosted 12/23/2013 9:40:53 PM
I was hoping id get to play a fun multiplayer game about fighting planes but guess not.

I have to be level 50 to play with the only human players.
#2wizardmonPosted 12/23/2013 9:47:37 PM
Welcome to the Post Half Life 1 deathmatch era. Never again will we get a game that has dozens of pages of full servers each with their own community that will last at least 6 years before the online community dies off after the game released.

Now we get filthy garbage like Ghosts and the online deathmatch is already at 200 or less players on a weekend night and the game just recently released.

I want my time machine to go back to the days where the good games felt like their community would never die.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3KabtheMentatPosted 12/23/2013 9:52:29 PM
I can pick a game that's not popular on the PC and use that as a dumb example too.

You realize CoD is more of a console thing, right?
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#4arleasPosted 12/23/2013 10:12:22 PM(edited)
I think nowadays the best thing to do is find a group of people interested in that game and make friends, and that's provided you can just start a match and play or easily find a server all of you can join....if it's more complicated than that then the game sucks.

Also, lately it seems like everyone wants to focus on multiplayer because they think that's where the money is at (it's easier to make piracy look bad if the primary enjoyment comes from online multiplayer and if they can manage to keep out the pirates that way). The problem is that time is a limited commodity and so you have to ask yourself: do I want to play a niche game that only appeals to a few people or do I want to play the game that everyone is playing.

I played TF2 for so long that I ignored 90% of my other games as a result... if TF2 hadn't swallowed up so much of my time I would probably not have the number of unplayed games I have today

EDIT: I just looked at the game on steam and it looks OK, but it doesn't look all that special really. In fact it greatly resembles one of those free flash games I'd play in my browser.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#5SteamsterPosted 12/23/2013 10:10:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Darkcloud20Posted 12/23/2013 10:11:12 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
I can pick a game that's not popular on the PC and use that as a dumb example too.

And CoD 4 still has a pretty big community on PC
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#7AsucaHayashiPosted 12/23/2013 10:11:41 PM
huh... people don't play altitude anymore?

guess i should have spent more time with it back then since i remember having a blast..
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#8KabtheMentatPosted 12/23/2013 10:14:40 PM
Darkcloud20 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

And CoD 4 still has a pretty big community on PC

Which is when it went from being a PC thing to a console thing.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9Carbon_Deoxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 10:56:18 PM
yay i found a server
#10wizardmonPosted 12/23/2013 10:58:27 PM
KabtheMentat posted...

CoD 1 and 2 where extremely popular on the PC, lasting years and having thousand and thousands of players every day for a couple years when they came out.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)