This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

STARBOUND is = early access done right

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 12/24/2013 4:23:27 AM
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/starbound-changelogs-and-release-notes.46048/

this game released early dec and was of course early access. ignorants came out as ecpeted and saying 'lol no endgame' or 'lol terrarria clone lol'

but look above link man so much content added in a few weeks and devs listening playerbase community.

this is early access done right n u know it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#2arrseeteePosted 12/24/2013 4:43:58 AM
pretty much lol. best early access imo. well worth every $
---
Posting from phone. So Police, don't whine about minor mistakes.
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 12/24/2013 4:45:06 AM
I wouldn't call having your progress repeatedly wiped done right. That's just my opinion. I stopped playing until that slows down..
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 108
#4ciraMegaSPosted 12/24/2013 4:49:56 AM
oh please, there basically nothing to do in this game.
---
Black
#5Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 4:55:25 AM(edited)
ATARIJAWA posted...
I wouldn't call having your progress repeatedly wiped done right. That's just my opinion. I stopped playing until that slows down..

1.wipes happen coz new content isnt compatible with current character data which leads to
incompatibility which lead to wipes
1.5. not every update will wipe
2.they have mention there will be many wipes but now changed that statement and they said they will try to limit wipes to just a few
3.once phase 2 (or3) beta starts there will be no more wipes not even after full game release
4.more content always better

#B_Bapproves

this game is win-win
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#6Aqua69696Posted 12/24/2013 6:25:25 AM
I think it's good early access, but I would call it an Alpha before I'd call it a Beta.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#7The_WeeabooPosted 12/24/2013 6:32:21 AM
Only right way to do Early Access is to not do it at all.
---
Nippon Banzai!
#8KabtheMentatPosted 12/24/2013 6:35:05 AM
Aqua69696 posted...
I think it's good early access, but I would call it an Alpha before I'd call it a Beta.

Yeah, it's kinda goofy. A beta is a complete game that just needs the bugs worked out and some polish. An alpha is a game where there's still crap that needs to be added.

They're adding crap to Starbound every week, thus it's an alpha.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9PokenubPosted 12/24/2013 6:36:22 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
Aqua69696 posted...

Yeah, it's kinda goofy. A beta is a complete game that just needs the bugs worked out and some polish. An alpha is a game where there's still crap that needs to be added.

They're adding crap to Starbound every week, thus it's an alpha.

By that logic, most MMO's are alphas. Well done.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Not looking forward to any games now.
#10KabtheMentatPosted 12/24/2013 6:39:57 AM
Except MMOs have expansions that add content. That's not alpha/beta. That's DLC.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson