This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

STARBOUND is = early access done right

#11pothocketPosted 12/24/2013 6:44:43 AM(edited)
Pokenub posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Aqua69696 posted...
I think it's good early access, but I would call it an Alpha before I'd call it a Beta.

Yeah, it's kinda goofy. A beta is a complete game that just needs the bugs worked out and some polish. An alpha is a game where there's still crap that needs to be added.

They're adding crap to Starbound every week, thus it's an alpha.

By that logic, most MMO's are alphas. Well done.

MMOs are complete games, they don't "NEED" crap added but they do anyways to keep the player base engaged. Alphas 'NEED" that crap before they can be called complete. It's not really a concept worth giving someone a hard time over.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12DaedalusExPosted 12/24/2013 6:53:18 AM
Early access is early access done wrong.
#13emidasPosted 12/24/2013 7:09:49 AM
I don't think you know how to do = statements...lol.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB | Crucial M4 256GB | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance LP
http://i.imgur.com/3yaehOJ.gif http://i.imgur.com/pj1VJu4.jpg
#14SinfullyvannilaPosted 12/24/2013 7:23:11 AM(edited)
I disagree, if only because of the developers' priorities. They are too focused on balance and fluff features this early in the development, at the expense of important basic features that increase efficiency like being able to set spawn points. Balance, other than basic playability(which they kinda screwed the pooch on with this update) should not be an issue for them at all until stage 2. Honestly, I think it would be better to just give us a ridiculous amount of ore so that we can test all the features as quickly as possible.

I mean, it's not like it's a terrible early access, but it's really not a good example of a Beta. Actually, as someone pointed out, it really is more of an alpha than a beta, since the game is not nearly feature complete yet.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#15notSFFPosted 12/24/2013 7:30:13 AM
Out of all the Early Access games I've played, Starbound and Full Mojo Rampage are the best, imo.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#16hyjinx17Posted 12/24/2013 7:43:43 AM
Planning on buying. Just waiting for the 2nd on the off chance this get's a discount. Not expecting it though
#17DawnshadowPosted 12/24/2013 8:02:07 AM
I'm not touching Starbound until after the wipes are done with, but I do agree that it is promising.

The_Weeaboo posted...
Only right way to do Early Access is to not do it at all.

Think of it as being a preorder with a bonus that lets you play the game while the developers are polishing it up, if you choose to-- you get a look into the design process. If you want to wait until release, you can-- no one is forcing you to buy it months ahead of time.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#18ChargrilledPosted 12/24/2013 8:22:35 AM
I dont like spoiling the end product, so i dont buy any early access stuff
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#19ghostwarrior79Posted 12/24/2013 8:55:54 AM
Benjamin_Button topic

But I gotta agree with the man.

@Benjamin_Button

Why'd you remove ME from your friends list?! WHY! I thought we was allies!
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! BATTLEFIELD 3 has offline Multiplayer with/against Ai bots on ALL maps and modes! (stock and dlc)
#20mjc0961Posted 12/24/2013 9:11:19 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
I wouldn't call having your progress repeatedly wiped done right. That's just my opinion. I stopped playing until that slows down..

That's because it isn't. This is why we should wait until games are finished before buying them.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.