This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Bioshock Infinite worth the $10 price of admission

#1EternalFlame66Posted 12/24/2013 7:17:54 AM(edited)
I LOVED the first bioshock to death.

I HATED the second bioshock to death, mainly due to GFWL.

Should I get Bioshock infinite for $10? I have a really bad taste for 2K Games right now due to the second game.
---
Such is your fate.
#2SodapopVIIPosted 12/24/2013 7:20:46 AM
It was a different branch of 2k games I believe for the second game. Never did understand the hate for it... it is the first game with better gameplay but a worse story - yet still better than 90% of the rubbish that gets released. Good DLC as well in Minerva's Den. Infinite is a great game as well.
---
i5 3570k - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 - Hyper 212 EVO - 16gb Corsair 1600mhz - Corsair CX 600w - HAF Storm Enforcer - Samsung 830 128gb SSD - Windows 8
#3Jprime666Posted 12/24/2013 7:22:09 AM
It's worth it. The story is great. The gunplay is improved but the whole survival horror(ammo conservation) element is missing, so combat has an up and a down.

For $10 yes it's very much worth it. Much better than BS2, although BS1 is still my favorite of the 3.
---
Get ready for Kanji Tatsumi to show his manhood to these chicks! - Kanji Tatsumi
#4EternalFlame66(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 7:23:23 AM
It was a different branch of 2k games I believe for the second game.

So like Treyarch. Gotcha.

And some people also like Black Ops better than modern warfare too so it's a pretty good analogy.

But I'm one of those who hates bioshock 2 so much that it's almost enough to turn me off from the franchise altogether lol.
---
Such is your fate.
#5NotQuiteAFreakPosted 12/24/2013 7:35:06 AM
EternalFlame66 posted...
It was a different branch of 2k games I believe for the second game.

So like Treyarch. Gotcha.

And some people also like Black Ops better than modern warfare too so it's a pretty good analogy.

*cough*Black Ops is better than Modern warfare (At least compared to 3 and Ghosts).*cough*.

But yeah, Bioshock 1 & Infinite were developed by Irrational. While 2 was developed by 2K China and 2K Australia (As well as several others), though having not played 2 I can't judge it too much, but Infinite on the other hand is, despite what some will tell you about gameplay being dumbed down from System Shock or Bioshock and the story being pretentious bull hickey, still perfectly enjoyable for at least one play-through. Certainly its worth at least $10, though I'd still wait until it goes on a flash/daily sale again, got to keep those saving.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#6TruthtelaPosted 12/24/2013 7:36:38 AM
The reason bioshock 2 was so much worse then 1 is because ken levine was not involved on the project. He thought it was too early for a sequal and didnt want it to take place in rapture. Hence columbia for biohock infinite.
---
How's your muffin?
#7arleasPosted 12/24/2013 7:40:35 AM
I liked Bioshock infinite... I sorta liked Bioshock 1 but lost interest late in the game (blasphemy, I know). I guess for whatever reason Bioshock 1 felt like it was dragging on for too long and Bioshock infinite wrapped up in just the right amount of time for me to get through it before getting totally bored.

I also liked Elizabeth's character even if they didn't really put her to good use. I may actually buy and play through the DLC for this one (where I normally buy the DLC once it's dirt cheap but then I never really play it).

So yeah, I think Bioshock Infinite is worth $10.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#8KabtheMentatPosted 12/24/2013 7:41:21 AM
Just to point out...2K Games is the publisher, not the developer. 2K Games does have in house developers though...those would be the guys responsible for the various Bioshock games.

As for 2K, they've been knocking it out of the park lately. Borderlands 1 and 2, Civ, XCOM? C'mon son!
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9strongo9Posted 12/24/2013 7:45:23 AM
Stop being a silly baby and get Bioshock Infinite. It's a great game.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m
#10Bossdog421Posted 12/24/2013 7:51:49 AM
I say no.

Only liked the first one a bit, disliked the 2nd and hated infinite.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll