This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Bioshock Infinite worth the $10 price of admission

#11PhilOnDezPosted 12/24/2013 8:02:12 AM
I am of the opinion that gameplay wise 2>>>Inf>1. 2 was just rock solid in that department and the Rivet Gun is one of my favorite weapons of all time. 1 was similar but lacking the polish. While infinite was very polished it just didn't really do anything for me, playable by all means but two weapons just felt really limited and most weapons felt basically the same.

As for the story, it's possible that it's nostalgia talking, but 2>Inf>1. I definitely enjoyed all 3 the first time through and rank them all at the top of my list. Unfortunately they're just unreplayable so I can't go back to verify that I enjoyed 2 as much as I remember enjoying it, though I did play it long enough to verify that yeah, love that gameplay. One thing 2 definitely got right was the ending(s. 4 of them). It does a great job of reflecting your choices vs Infinite's ending doing a great job of representing the illusion of choice.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#12DiviDudePosted 12/24/2013 8:03:39 AM
Bioshock Infinite doesn't use GWFL, so I don't know why you'd avoid it for that reason.

And the only things Bioshock 1 does better than 2 are novelty of setting and the story, and for the latter not by any significant margin. Otherwise Bioshock 2 is an improvement is most ways.
#13petran78Posted 12/24/2013 8:30:34 AM
i'll wait 1 more year till i get additionaly season pass and dlc with original game for 15$.

Same with Borderlands 2.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#14dementedlullabyPosted 12/24/2013 8:38:27 AM
Bioshock Infinite was in my personal top three goty games.

So yes.

Burial at Sea was great as well. Can't wait for episode two.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#15crawdadPosted 12/24/2013 8:52:35 AM
I would say Infinite is an experience on it's own, It is worth pointing out the gameplay itself is dumbed down in a big way (get the rifle and headshot like crazy and it's more or less game Over for the bad guys) so i would recommend playing it on Hard mode like i did on your first play through if you're decent at shooters.

But Like i said, infinite is a great experience, the setting is wonderful, seeing Columbus in it's natural setting and in peace, before it falls to pieces, the how and why is amazing, seeing something so seemingly perfect unravel at the seams was just, memorable.

And I think the story and the way that it's told mostly, is again memorable.

For 10 bucks? Oh God yes, I think if you liked 1 then i think you'd like Infinite. i know I did.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#16MistaAtlasPosted 12/24/2013 9:02:15 AM
worth 60 IMO
---
GT:Wh0oIsJohnGalt
#17AlleRacingPosted 12/24/2013 9:07:59 AM
I'd say it's worth it for $10, but it's rife with flaws. Some may find it easier to look past those flaws than others, but to me, they were pretty glaring. While I mostly enjoyed my playthrough, I doubt I'll ever play through it again. Things like the two weapon limit, lack of creative or visual upgrades to weapons, no alternate ammo types, a more restrictive 'hallway', limited player interaction for certain things (throwing the baseball, picking locks), Elizabeth doesn't really offer anything to the combat, the sky-rail system was wasted potential that only saw good use in maybe 3 sections of the game, the middle part of the game was pure filler, the story, especially the ending, was rushed and poorly thought out, and Elizabeth, while endearing, is not a very believable character.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#18AlleRacingPosted 12/24/2013 9:11:02 AM
EternalFlame66 posted...
But I'm one of those who hates bioshock 2 so much that it's almost enough to turn me off from the franchise altogether lol.

I don't really understand the logic behind this. What was so bad about Bioshock 2, exactly?
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#19Ork_HeroPosted 12/24/2013 9:18:13 AM
I loved the first two games, but didn't like Infinite as much. Elizabeth felt gimmicky and I was always annoyed that it felt like I was always following Elizabeth, always running ahead etc. Gunplay doesn't change much either so it gets stale, but the story is still pretty good. Worth it definitely no matter what you pay
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#20skillfactorPosted 12/24/2013 9:26:51 AM
amazing game. get it
---
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / MSI 780 Twin Frozr / 16 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White