This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motor Rock gone from Steam -- that didn't take long...

#11Ch3wyPosted 12/24/2013 9:45:15 AM
****ing Actilizard, man.

Hopefully they get this sorted out and the game still gets released. Odd that they didn't even give a warning or anything.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#12Ch3wyPosted 12/24/2013 9:46:11 AM
pothocket posted...
I don't understand the story behind this. Where did this game come from and what is its connection with Blizzard?

Look up Rock 'n Roll Racing. It's pretty much stealing from that game.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#13pothocketPosted 12/24/2013 9:53:30 AM
Ch3wy posted...
pothocket posted...
I don't understand the story behind this. Where did this game come from and what is its connection with Blizzard?

Ok, at first it didn't make sense why it would be pulled for merely being similar but then I read that it actually used art assets from the original game. WTF were they thinking?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#14biohazard1775Posted 12/24/2013 9:56:49 AM
Ch3wy posted...
pothocket posted...

This. It would be fine if it was just paying homage but it straight up uses assets from the original game. Not surprising this happened.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#15wentzelotPosted 12/24/2013 9:58:52 AM
Snadados posted...
This is the danger of an all digital future.
Whether deliberately or through a glitch in the system, any and all the games and such you've bought can be taken away from you through no fault of your own.

chances of that happening are smaller than losing your physical copy or having it stolen.. so argument is moot
#16k debonairPosted 12/24/2013 10:09:43 AM
Shub posted...
I guess it's OK as long as they get a refund.

so you're on your way home after buying a game at a gamestore, when the clerk runs up to you, takes your game away and gives you your cash back, and that's ok?

no it's not. you don't get to randomly revoke the sale after the sale is complete.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#17ShadowThaReaperPosted 12/24/2013 10:36:34 AM
Snadados posted...
This is the danger of an all digital future.
Whether deliberately or through a glitch in the system, any and all the games and such you've bought can be taken away from you through no fault of your own.

That only applies to consoles. Steam can't uninstall games off of your harddrive. All you have to do is crack your games, even if Steam goes down.
#18AsellusPosted 12/24/2013 10:41:00 AM
This. It would be fine if it was just paying homage but it straight up uses assets from the original game. Not surprising this happened.

There's a line between homage and theft and that's usually about where it goes.
#19pothocketPosted 12/24/2013 10:42:54 AM
k debonair posted...
Shub posted...
I guess it's OK as long as they get a refund.

so you're on your way home after buying a game at a gamestore, when the clerk runs up to you, takes your game away and gives you your cash back, and that's ok?

no it's not. you don't get to randomly revoke the sale after the sale is complete.

Are you one of those people that also thinks Youtube is a public service?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#20sonicteam2k1Posted 12/24/2013 11:00:23 AM
sad. game looked cool. Like an awesome version of R.C. Pro AM.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games