This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motor Rock gone from Steam -- that didn't take long...

#21Nmilek1Posted 12/24/2013 10:11:24 AM(edited)
Not like it matters much once a game has found it's way into the pirate scene it will never disappear, you want the game back go torrent it. Not like the asset stealing developers can chase you down legally or claim the moral high-ground.
#22ClouddxPosted 12/24/2013 10:12:36 AM
Good, stealing stuff from others shouldn't be tolerated.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#23wentzelotPosted 12/24/2013 10:17:05 AM
man i can't wait for that game from 1993 to come out in 2014!!!

wtf is wrong with people why are the excited for this horse **** go play the original on snes and support NEW games
#24WinpusPosted 12/24/2013 11:03:52 AM
The game isn't gone from my library... Though I've noticed it doesn't show the background screenshot anymore when you select it from the list.

They patched out the copied assets and what's left is original material that is obviously inspired by the original. It's just as fun as the original, imo.

The developer isn't in this country, all blizzard/activision can really sue for is distribution rights to the US and separately for each territory. ASFAIK Russia doesn't really have copyright law.
#25Shub(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 11:56:29 AM
k debonair posted...
Shub posted...
I guess it's OK as long as they get a refund.

so you're on your way home after buying a game at a gamestore, when the clerk runs up to you, takes your game away and gives you your cash back, and that's ok?

no it's not. you don't get to randomly revoke the sale after the sale is complete.

Boo-****ing-hoo. Comparing digital goods with physical goods doesn't fly.
Also, go read the Steam subscriber agreement, it covers this topic.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#26k debonairPosted 12/24/2013 12:01:54 PM
Shub posted...
Comparing digital goods with physical goods doesn't fly.

no, but I'm comparing a sale to a sale. regardless of what is traded or how, one party doesn't get to revoke it without consent.

Shub posted...
Also, go read the Steam subscriber agreement, it covers this topic.

just because it's in a eula doesn't make it legal. if someone takes something from you without your consent, it's theft. signing a piece of paper or clicking a checkbox doesn't change that.

I'm just surprised that so many people are willing to throw away their rights as a consumer.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.