This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall having performance issues at 720p on X1, will it hurt the PC version?

#11wizardmonPosted 12/24/2013 4:05:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12godplaysSNESPosted 12/24/2013 4:31:47 PM
Shebeskii posted...
JonWood007 posted...
I hope at the very least they don't go in the "well because we can't get it to run on the xbone, let's make a poor port with grossly inflated requirements" like they've been doing with most "next gen" games.

Seriously. Witcher 2, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, modded skyrim. You have no excuse to give us ports that require i5s and crap like that.

I don't know how anyone can say that about Witcher 2, but BF3 is a significant mention.

Seriously, has anyone who claims BF3 to be a console port, actually played the 360 or PS3 versions of BF3?

BF3 is not a port.

Ye, BF3 doesn't only look much worse on the PS3 and 360, it's also limited to 24 players

I do agree somewhat about TW2 though
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#13ClouddxPosted 12/24/2013 4:41:01 PM
This is impossible considering the PS4 and X1 are more powerful than any PC in existence, must be the devs fault.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#14TheWayOfTheGunPosted 12/24/2013 5:26:54 PM(edited)
The devs don't have a significant amount of experience with these new consoles so they are pretty much on par with PC developers which means they can only get 90 or so percent output from the hardware. Since the console's hardware is already behind the curve, it's not a surprise.

But a year or 2 from now, the AA exclusives will look and run pretty damn impressive for the hardware. The devs just need to learn how to squeeze more out of the hardware.

I for one, think that's the best thing about static hardware. It forces developers to code almost artistically. Not just tack on a bunch of DX11 effects that take 2 to 3 times as much horsepower to run them as they should.
---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
#15DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/24/2013 5:32:39 PM(edited)
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
But a year or 2 from now, the AA exclusives will look and run pretty damn impressive for the hardware. The devs just need to learn how to squeeze more out of the hardware.

I think the effect will be less pronounced compared to past generations. The architecture being used is the same as a pc, the operating systems in the machines are massive in their requirements, and the hardware is practically off the shelf. The only thing they can really do to improve is design the games themselves within the constraints and that won't mean pc versions will be any harder to run at those settings.

Overall this is a good thing for us pc gamers as we are much more likely to get looked at by all publishers/developers when designing games. Believe it or not but a lot of artists and technical guys that build the games we enjoy, like being able to push things to 11 and you can only really do that on pc.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#16KabtheMentatPosted 12/24/2013 5:34:26 PM
The problem with pushing things to 11 is that in the course of doing that, they kinda make the game perform like crap for the majority of people.

I would like more focus on optimizing their games instead of just pawning it off on PC gamers like "lolololol they can just buy a new GPU if they want to play"
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#17DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/24/2013 5:37:13 PM(edited)
KabtheMentat posted...
The problem with pushing things to 11 is that in the course of doing that, they kinda make the game perform like crap for the majority of people.

I would like more focus on optimizing their games instead of just pawning it off on PC gamers like "lolololol they can just buy a new GPU if they want to play"

No they add an 11... they don't take away the 10. The problem is that every pc gamer thinks their midrange hardware should 'max' all games when that just isn't the case. We need to keep in mind that even jumping to 1080p vs 720p is a huge strain and if we actually played at console settings our hardware would perform just as well with maybe a little headroom lost due to pc inefficiencies...
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#18godplaysSNESPosted 12/24/2013 6:08:36 PM
Wait, it's using the SOURCE engine? If that's the case, no wonder it has problems on the Xbox One
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#19snkboiPosted 12/24/2013 6:31:11 PM
he was referring to steam machine and pc with the 720p resolution:

Oh and fun fact about Titan Fall, performance is not up to snuff at 720p, waiting for January driver updates
---
i think it's nice
#20KabtheMentatPosted 12/24/2013 7:35:47 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
Wait, it's using the SOURCE engine? If that's the case, no wonder it has problems on the Xbox One

Why would that be? Source runs on literally anything.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson