This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Look at this garbage

#1pothocketPosted 12/24/2013 2:23:30 PM(edited)
http://imgur.com/r/gaming/Eg9EAup

In other words, "we're not going to do anything other than regurgitate your own awful opinions back at you and you'll thank us for it"

There's a point where every developer needs to realize that the gamer fan base that is willing to go onto boards and [female dog] about games, although hardcore and vocal, is a very very small percentage of the actual player base and the rest of the fans don't want or need them speaking for everyone.

DLC can be good or bad, and this concept of 'all DLC is evil and ruining gaming" needs to stop because it's idiotic. Gaming as a hobby has been around for a long time and video games were not the first type of games to offer expanded content. This opinion of "DLC is ruining gaming" is literally decades out of date. It's a conversation older than most of the people reading this post.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2PyrotechnixxxPosted 12/24/2013 2:23:24 PM
ITT: Opinions.

So few companies do DLC right that I don't blame them.
---
Fear is a leash.
#3pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 2:24:14 PM
It's not an opinion that DLC can be good or bad or that this conversation is decades older than most people realize.
---
#4SnadadosPosted 12/24/2013 2:25:26 PM
DLC 6 months to a year later that takes into account player feedback - Good.

DLC on day one that should have been part of the game - Bad.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#5LoshadtPosted 12/24/2013 2:30:07 PM
Yes, I hate it when developers don't go out of their way to f*** me over. This is why EA is my favorite company, because I know that the game will inevitably cost double the standard market price in DLC, all of which they were planning out from the get go.

What this image says is that they don't plan on releasing DLC, not that they WON'T release DLC.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#6pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 2:31:50 PM
Loshadt posted...
Yes, I hate it when developers don't go out of their way to f*** me over. This is why EA is my favorite company, because I know that the game will inevitably cost double the standard market price in DLC, all of which they were planning out from the get go.

What this image says is that they don't plan on releasing DLC, not that they WON'T release DLC.

And I hate it when people try using sarcasm to make a point. Start over and just say what you actually want to say.
---
#7LoshadtPosted 12/24/2013 2:33:02 PM
pothocket posted...
And I hate it when people try using sarcasm to make a point. Start over and just say what you actually want to say.

Okay. I think your opinion is idiotic, even more so that you try to push it as fact. DLC isn't evil, but planning out expansions to a game you haven't even released yet is. You aren't releasing the whole package.
---
Kirino is best girl.
#8pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 2:36:20 PM
Loshadt posted...
pothocket posted...

Okay. I think your opinion is idiotic, even more so that you try to push it as fact. DLC isn't evil, but planning out expansions to a game you haven't even released yet is. You aren't releasing the whole package.

My "opinion" that DLC can either be good or bad is idiotic? Ok.
---
#9LoshadtPosted 12/24/2013 2:43:05 PM
pothocket posted...
My "opinion" that DLC can either be good or bad is idiotic? Ok.

No, I'm saying your opinion on From Soft's approach is idiotic.
---
Kirino is best girl.
#10pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 2:45:26 PM(edited)
Also, planning out expansions to a game that isn't released yet isn't evil. Only certain departments work on polishing the final product. What are the 3D model artists supposed to do until the game ships? Nothing? Are they breaking some moral law if they start working on some new art assets? Should they be let go until after the game ships?

There's a point in the game development where the director has to say "stop". THIS is our game, we will refine this gameplay and polish the presentation until it's ready to ship. They can't just keep adding stuff until the day it goes Gold.
---