This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Apple make their products with very little support for selfish reasons?

#1TheAnthraxBunnyPosted 12/24/2013 9:10:12 PM
Like, to get people to use iTunes or their own hardware? Or is there some other reason? I just find it odd how I've never met anyone who's been able to prove that they do it out of selfishness. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, though. Does anyone have any proof?
---
The best you can is good enough.
#2wizardmonPosted 12/24/2013 9:17:16 PM
https://www.apple.com/support/
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3ShubPosted 12/24/2013 9:20:35 PM
I don't actually know what you're talking about.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4Orestes417Posted 12/24/2013 9:25:47 PM
Shub posted...

Me either, but pretty much anything a publicly traded company does is going to be directly tied to how it effects the bottom line.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#5MasterDonGeroPosted 12/24/2013 9:28:11 PM
wat
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#6HydroCannabinolPosted 12/24/2013 9:29:57 PM
Shub posted...

Its not macs fault, but drivers always seem to be a pain to find and get to work on macs. I absolutely hate walking into a business with all macs.. especially when the macs are on a network with windows machines. *shudders*
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#7KavenryPosted 12/24/2013 9:33:17 PM
He's just asking if Apple's proprietary things are the way they are so they get more money. And the answer is yes.
---
"the sun does not have no prisoners"
#8Saga3Posted 12/24/2013 9:50:46 PM
I prefer the term 'profit' over "selfishness". But yes I'd imagine so ESPECIALLY regarding iTunes.
#9TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 1:19:01 AM(edited)
Kavenry posted...
He's just asking if Apple's proprietary things are the way they are so they get more money. And the answer is yes.

That was indeed my question. I'll try to word it better next time <_< I also just read that the iTunes requirement is supposedly to prevent piracy, but I'm sure profit is the main reason they're doing it.

Saga3 posted...
I prefer the term 'profit' over "selfishness". But yes I'd imagine so ESPECIALLY regarding iTunes.

My dad freaks out over iDevices all the time for this reason. He sees the whole iTunes requirement thing as a deal breaker instead of a drawback. I don't mind using iTunes to sync my music considering that that's the only time I'm being forced to use it.
---
The best you can is good enough.