This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If BOSS says all of my FNV mods should work, but the game won't launch, is there

#1Arsene-LupinPosted 12/25/2013 1:21:06 AM
If BOSS recognizes all of my Fallout New Vegas mods and tells me that they should work together, but the game won't launch, is there any other application or diagnostic tool I can try instead of spending 2-3 hours tediously testing every single mod one at a time?
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#2CatToyPosted 12/25/2013 1:22:44 AM
You likely are missing the content portion of a mod. Disable mods in chunks of ten at a time or so until the game will launch to narrow it down, when you figure out what it is, make sure you have every portion of the mod correctly installed.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3MortalDangerPosted 12/25/2013 1:24:18 AM
What he said.

How many mods?
---
God Bless America.
#4GTL581Posted 12/25/2013 1:26:55 AM
Try FNVedit. I haven't used it, but if it's anything like TES5edit, it will show you a log of the mods you have loading in their order, as well as show you which mod it crashed on
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#5Flaktrooper123Posted 12/25/2013 1:46:56 AM
Just note that some mod parts requires another mod to make it work. So please check the fnv files accordingly and uncheck those that are for mods you don't use.
#6Arsene-Lupin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 1:53:32 AM
I don't have that many mods. I started going through them and got lucky--FOOK was breaking my game. Last week I had a similar issue with my 100+ Skyrim mods and it took me 2 hours to sort everything out.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get NVSE to play nice with Steam.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."