This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Downloading app with Microsoft account and then putting it on other profiles?

#1YaBreakinYoNeckPosted 12/25/2013 12:11:32 PM
Hello, just got a Windows 8 Surface and having trouble with this app stuff. Basically I have on account with a Microsoft Account and that's needed to download apps. But now I want that app on another user on the same PC which does not have an account, but I can't.

I've tried looking up solutions. Mainly it seems like you HAVE to have a Microsoft Account and you can't just download it on one and administer it to other accounts.

But I also saw a solution that said you could go into that user profile and then sign into the Microsoft Account for the store and it should work. But it doesn't, at least not when I try. When I sign into the Microsoft Account it says it's already used on another user profile and fails.

Thought I'd ask here just in case. Is there any possible way to have one account and get apps for multiple users or do you have to give each user an account?
---
See? You can make a good decision when you try.
-The Joker
#2YaBreakinYoNeck(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 12:45:36 PM
bump, any ideas? I keep seeing that this should work, like this:

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-8-tip-share-apps-between-multiple-accounts

but whenever I try to use the Microsoft Account I get

"An account using this Microsoft account already exists on this PC."

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.
---
-The Joker
#3YaBreakinYoNeck(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 1:00:45 PM
bump please
---
-The Joker
#4YaBreakinYoNeck(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 1:15:54 PM
OMG there's a small ass text "not recommended" crap at the bottom, that's why. Ugh.
---
-The Joker